Victory Cabin #8362

CruisinJazz

WooHoo!!! We booked a 8A GTY Balcony for our first cruise and just received our cabin assignment. We've been upgraded to an 8D!! WooHoo!!! Does anyone have pictures or can comment on the location of #8362??? Is this area noisy from things overhead???

Congrats CruisinJazz,

Verandah is a great deck, most of the balcony cabins look the same, you are in a great location near the elevators and portside, which I prefer. I doubt you'll hear anything from above..

I've seen your other posts as we were planning to cruise that week, but due to a wedding, we're on the Victory the week after you...Enjoy your first cruise...you'll be hooked !!

I'm sorry to hear you won't be on the same cruise with us, but the wedding will be nice! We'll have the ship already for you! :)

Ok...if I'm looking at the deck plans correctly...the restaurants are over the Verandah deck correct? Do you know what time they open and close?

I stayed in 8320 and the noise from above was bad. I walked up and looked and directly above us was an open area near a buffet line. I think the noise we heard was from a cart that was being used to roll food to the buffet. It started at 5AM and didnt stop until after midnight. Looking at your location it looks like there is seating there so you would'nt get the noise we got. And my daughters were in room 8356 and they didn't complain about any noise at all.

You should be ok, we never heard footsteps or voices at all, only the sound of the rolling cart that sounded like bowling balls or thunder or God rolling bowling balls

The Lido restaurant area is pretty much open all day, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and 24 hour pizzeria. Though as the other poster said you are below the seating area, which is carpeted, you might hear people walking above you, but I think you'll be fine. We've stayed on Verandah (forward) a few times, and always found it to be very quiet.

Are you planning to write a review? Or if you get a chance, please post your thoughts...I'll be interested to hear what you think about your very first cruise. Isn't it tough to plan what to do on each island? I have researched so much, and still can't decide...but it's helping passing the time...roll on Sept !! :D

Archived