Lamanai

Bluemoon319

I really would like to go to Lamanai, but the ship doesn't offer any tours for this. I have found one through Belizecruiseexcursions.com which is a 7 hr tour. Has anyone heard of this company? I'm slightly nervous since it is such a long tour, but it looks really nice. Has anyone done a tour to Lamanai before or know why Carnival doesn't offer one? Thanks

NCL is one of the few that goes there...but NCL has dropped one of the other all-day mayan tours. since most of the trips, to mayan sites, are full day tours...i am guessing that it's easier to only offer one site?

lamanai is great, if you read a few pages of the belize thread or do a search..there are several post about the local vendors and the tours they offer to lamanai. just have to watch the time, since it is an hour to the boat dock, an hour boat ride...tour the site...and repeat the boat/river ride and hour drive back.

the nice things, since the cruise lines don't go to the same mayan sites...it keeps the crowds down and makes a more personal feel to the site.

Archived