Best western on the bay inn & marina

decruzer

decruzer,

I live in North Bay village about 1/2 mile from the Best Western and pass it every day during my commute to work. It is an older-style, non-fancy hotel with the corridors open to the outside air. While I have not seen the rooms, the outside appears well-maintained. It is directly on Biscayne Bay and is situated on a major causway (highway) between the mainland and the beach communities. The causway is busy but you can walk to a few restaurants.

The parking lot is outdoors and I cannot judge how secure it is.

Bear in mind that the Best Western is about nine miles from the Port of Miami and perhaps fourteen miles from Miami International Airport. Traffic to and from these points can be light or extremely heavy!

My mom and I stayed there a year ago and found it to be a good choice! The room was large and clean and contained a safe, microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The beds were very comfortable. Our room had a balcony with a nice view overlooking the water. There is a patio type bar/restaurant downstairs that we didn't visit but seemed popular and lively. There was a free shuttle to the cruise port. Free breakfast bar in the morning was an added bonus. We would stay there again!

this is where i am staying precruise in dec..i like the idea of being near the water instead of the airport and i purchased the cruise port pkg and the shuttle from airport and to cruise port was included as is continental brkfst and drink coupons...and upgrade for room if available

check out their website for further info

Archived