need help on what to do????

cabrx

First time in St. Martin on Carnival ship. What would be your suggestion for excurstion etc. It would be myself, husband and children 14 and 10. We do not snorkel but like the beach. I"ve read through various posts and am still undecisive. HELP

If you want to do a beach you could go to Orient by taking a cab. There is the potential for nudity on this beach. Maho beach is where the planes takeoff and land right over the beach. The kids may love that. Check out photos to see exactly how close they get. Great Bay beach is right at downtown Philipsburg and you could spend the day at the beach, return to the ship to freshen up and then do some shopping in town. You would use the all day water taxi.

You could get a cab over to Marigot and check out the french side as well.

We chose the Great Bay beach option and it turned out to be a great day! Good luck.

The NUMBER 1 excursion in the entire Caribbean is the America's Cup Regatta and it's at St. Maarten. Do that early in the morning, then either go to Maho to see the big jets land/take-off (great for kids) or to Orient (great for Dad).

We just came back from 12/18 RCCL Navigator cruise, stopping at St. Maarten on 12/21. We have an 8 yo son and we did the Lord Sheffield "Pirates of St. Maarten" Tall Ship excursion. It cost $50 per adult and $25 per child. Wow- it was fantastic. There was a 12 year old girl on the trip with us and she enjoyed it as much as the boys and the adults. Captain Rob let the kids take the wheel a few times. My son and I snorkeled and swam to the nearby beach but my wife just dove overboard and floated around on a noodle. My son jumped from the bow a few times and Capt. Rob even lets you jump from the crow's nest.

You can check it out at http://www.lordsheffield.com. You can also check out our album at http://community.webshots.com/album/237790311wyqUXw

Good luck!

Archived