Costa fortuna new years cruise

RN1986

We have been on 2 Carnival cruises and 2 Princess cruises. In short, we enjoyed the Carnival cruises more. the food was better, the service and entertainment was way better than Princess.

We booked this cruise because of the itinereay and mostly the price as we are travelling with 2 twenty year olds, a 13 and 17. So cost is a issue and the 17 and 13 are going for 199.

I am a little concerned by some of the reviews--so many negative. Will my kids be bored on this boat? Is there enough to do? One of the most talked about neg comments seems to be about the announcements in several languages. Is it really that bad that it can spoil a vacation?? Hard to believe.

Any information would be appreciated

We have been on 2 Carnival cruises and 2 Princess cruises. In short, we enjoyed the Carnival cruises more. the food was better, the service and entertainment was way better than Princess.

We booked this cruise because of the itinereay and mostly the price as we are travelling with 2 twenty year olds, a 13 and 17. So cost is a issue and the 17 and 13 are going for 199.

I am a little concerned by some of the reviews--so many negative. Will my kids be bored on this boat? Is there enough to do? One of the most talked about neg comments seems to be about the announcements in several languages. Is it really that bad that it can spoil a vacation?? Hard to believe.

Any information would be appreciated

having been on this ship i have to say in my opion british people are not catered for.

Yes they are in at least 6 lang and in a showtime stuation you lose the plot.

As the majority are italian on board be prepared for pushing rudeness and arogance. Eat late as the crush and the queing will not be for you.

If you want a holiday to join in this may not be for you but if you want to do your own thing then it may be o.k

best regards steve

• 2 months later...

I am a Canadian (16 cruises) and I cruised twice last year on the Fortuna. As with you, I read some negative comments before the cruises. To my surprise both cruises were very good. Yes, lots of Europeans and I never noticed a higher level of rudeness compared to other cruises.

The level of energy was the most I've see on any cruise line; your teenagers should love the Fortuna experience. Excellent entertainment and extremely energetic cruise director staff.

Food is average with lots of pasta (of course), even late in the evening. Attractive ship overall!

All announcements are in five languages but, not to worry, they keep them quite short.

Finally, Fortuna has a HUGH dance floor and I am a ballroom dancer but that did not affect my opinion on the other comments (at least I don't think so).

Have a wonderful cruise.....Jim.

Archived