Quebec

We are sailing on the NCL Spirit on a 14 day cruise out of Boston on Sept 25. I am having problems figuring out what to do in Quebec as the cruiseline only offers excursions to those getting off the ship and flying home. We will remain on board for the return sail back to Boston. I am traveling with a 75 year old who walks with a cane and slowly.

Any ideas about excursions on our own or with an excursion company?

It appears as though you have a full day in Québec, from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., so you'll be able to do almost anything you want. But from your description of having one person in your party who is elderly, slow, and uses a cane, it sounds as though you will probably want to forgo much walking or otherwise traveling on your own. In that case you will probably be best with a formal tour of the city and/or surrounding areas (though for first-time visitors I would very much try to make sure to see the city centre, as Québec is one of the few cities in North America that is walled). One responsible tour company is Les Tours du Vieux Québec; you can visit their website here. www.toursvieuxquebec.com While the tours may not be oriented towards cruise ships, I'm sure you'll have enough time in port to take advantage of any of them.

Archived