Hair Salon Question

ekermit

Just how expensive is the salon? I am all thumbs when it comes to trying to put my hair up in anything than a ponytail and would love to have it up for elegant night. Is it worth the money to have them do it or should I just try to bribe my oldest niece to help me?

Paula Young, and The Wig Company dot com..have many prices to choose from...invest what you would spend for one evening, and you have it for many times to come,,you can play while you have time..the neice can help too..good luck

Bribing all the way :) I had one two cruises ago and not only was it pricey it hurt like hell taking all the pins out. I was lying on the bed as DH tried unsuccessfully to pick them out and my scalp was so sore the next day, to me it wasn't worth the hassle and the amount of product they used in my hair was insane.

I had my hair cut and styled on the Fantasy way back in 2001, and if I remember correctly, it cost close to $90, plus gratuity. :eek:

Although I will say, my stylist, Vida, was awesome! She asked me lots of questions about where I lived, what I did for a living, etc., and then gave me a style that was flattering, easy to manage with the extreme humidity of my hometown and also sensible for my line of work.

$90 ... WOW... my girlfriend wanted to get her hair and makeup done for formal night. I didn't know it was THAT expensive. :eek: RATZ.

I'm horrible with my hair and not very good with my makeup :(...I guess it doesn't matter...I never like myself in pictures anyway.

Hubby and I got his and her pedis on the Glory this past May for $65 each, plus gratuity.

:eek::eek:$65!

I just got a pedi and my eyebrows waxed last week for $22 plus tip. I will definitely have it done before I go.

I'm horrible with my hair and not very good with my makeup :(...I guess it doesn't matter...I never like myself in pictures anyway.

I'm the same way! Very rarely do I wear make up so putting it on is not easy for me but I will for elegant night.

:eek::eek:$65!

I just got a pedi and my eyebrows waxed last week for $22 plus tip. I will definitely have it done before I go.

Yep! The salon prices are very high, although I think I saw a Cloud 9 spa price list (Splendor) that looked a bit cheaper than the other ships, so maybe the same applies to the salon.

And if you think the prices for services is outrageous, you should see how much they charge for the products they try to push on you! LOL! (Hubby actually did get suckered into buy an expensive lotion.)

Nevertheless, it was worth the splurge, at least for my husband. The rest of the week, whenever he put on socks or sun lotion, or just reached down to touch his toes, he would say something like "Oooo! My feet are so soffffffft!" :)

Archived