Statemdam Cabin BA205

snallysmom

I just booked this room for an Alaska cruise because I liked the looks of the balcony. I noticed that the stairs outside make the room narrower near the door. Has anyone stayed in this room? Did I make a mistake in booking it? Does anyone have pictures?

I've stayed in 205 before on the Statendam, and the Maasdam. The picture is misleading, the stairs are on the outside of the ship and dont impact the size of your cabin. The cabin is the same size as the others - and as a bonus the balcony is longer. We like to be in the back of the ship, and like that cabin.

I've stayed in 205 before on the Statendam, and the Maasdam. The picture is misleading, the stairs are on the outside of the ship and dont impact the size of your cabin. The cabin is the same size as the others - and as a bonus the balcony is longer. We like to be in the back of the ship, and like that cabin.

Thanks, WeLoveCrusing, for the info. I'm really happy that the cabin is the same size as the others. We also love the back of the ship and a big balcony if we can get one. Some sites say this room has a connecting door. Does it? If so, did you have any problem with noise? I'm really looking forward to this room so hope it's going to be a great one:)

We had 205 on a Baltic cruise, and it was great. The oversized balcony is perfect for entertaining, and you have a 90 degree view of the wake and sea.

Thanks for the info. I'm getting more excited by the minute.

Thanks, WeLoveCrusing, for the info. I'm really happy that the cabin is the same size as the others. We also love the back of the ship and a big balcony if we can get one. Some sites say this room has a connecting door. Does it? If so, did you have any problem with noise? I'm really looking forward to this room so hope it's going to be a great one:)

I cant remember if it connects or not, since we dont need a connecting cabin. However, I have stayed in connecting cabins before and never noticed a problem with noise from the other cabin.

I think you'll be very happy with your cabin choice. It's a quiet part of the ship, and the balcony is quite a bit larger.

I cant remember if it connects or not, since we dont need a connecting cabin. However, I have stayed in connecting cabins before and never noticed a problem with noise from the other cabin.

I think you'll be very happy with your cabin choice. It's a quiet part of the ship, and the balcony is quite a bit larger.

Thanks again. I'm definitely keeping the room. I like to book early on ships I haven't been on so I have time to find out about the room I've chosen. Thanks for the help.

We almost had that one on the Veendam and then POOF - some brilliant soul decided that there should be more cabins on the aft end. After drydock, it was all over.

I'm sorry the refit happened before you got to sail in it. The Statendam is going into refit before we sail on her, but from what I've read, they are upgrading the staterooms this year and will add more staterooms in 2011. I'm really hoping that's what is happening. I'm going to be very upset if they add the cabins before our cruiseand 205's great balcony disappears. We're going on the Veendam this May, but by the time I booked, she was out of refit. I originally booked one of the new lanai cabins but then upgraded to a balcony to be near friends. I'm not sure I'll be glad to see the Statendam refitted to be like the Veendam. I guess I'll know after both cruises. I do like the idea of the lanai cabins, but we usually get a balcony. Maybe I'll try one in the future.

HI! We just booked BA205 on the Maasdam for a 2010 cruise and I am

thrilled to get the info on these posts because I also wondered about

the stairs and whether or not there would be a down side. Guess I can't

believe our good luck in getting a nice balcony. We've done the same

cruise last year in an SA. It was once in a lifetime - almost too much room

but great for entertaining and just generally lying around soaking up the

perks. But the BA is more than half the price and it means we can do the

voyage of the Vikings again! Thanks for the information. margretha

Archived