NYC and Miami cruise terminal

bigfoot88

A question about what the port of Miami is like compared to the port of NYC on both days..... but details first.

In Nov I am going out on the Jewel from Miami. I am flying in the day before and using hotel points (I travel TOO much for work) for the Holiday Inn at the port. Will taxi or hotel shuttle to the port. On the return home a cab from the port to the airport.

When I go out of NYC we drive from Boston the day before and stay in the Meadowlands area and drive into NYC that morning and park at the pier.

The question.... can anyone comment on the differences between the ports..... waiting area, check in, cab stand going back to the airport.

Thanks

I'm originally from Miami and have cruised from there many, many times. I just recently took my first cruise from NYC, so I think I many be able to help you...

The port of Miami is immense compared to the NYC pier. My experience in NYC was very excellent. It was quick, simple and over very quickly. We arrived at 11.15 and were on the ship by 11.45. Debarkation was on one level, embarkation on another. We had our ride pick us up on the embarkation level and there was no traffic or congestion.

In Miami, with so many other cruise lines and ships embarking and sailing from there, it is much more congested and the process is much slower. Traffic signs will guide you to your ship. It is a very large port with many commercial ships, also.

What else would you like to know?

Archived