I asked a question last night with zero replies. Please help...

Several questions re: Blackbeard's Cay -

My wife and i have decided to book the Blackbeard's Cay excursion. We're departing on the Monarch on 7/31. We will be taking our 10,7, and 2 year old boys with us. This will be the boys first time snorkelling. They are both good swimmers.

1. If we book the regular beach day and the kids decide they are up to the stingray swim, will we be allowed to upgrade then? I ask this because there is a $23 difference for each one of them between the beach day price and the stingray swim. I'm afraid they might chicken-out since this is their first time.

2. My wife is planning to mostly lounge and watch the toddler, but if she wanted to use my gear, would they let her? Or would we both have to pay? I know I sound cheap, but we're trying to cruise on a budget this year.

3. I've read about sand fleas being a problem in the past, is that still an issue? We use Bullfrog sunscreen/insect repellent already, will that be sufficient?

Thanks

Can't wait.

Poultry, did you try the port of call section? I don't know where Blackbeards Cay is, but someone at your port of call section might.

I agree you will probably get a better response on the thread. This is in the Bahamas. Scubagirl will probably answer your questions on the Port of Call forumn.

Several questions re: Blackbeard's Cay -

My wife and i have decided to book the Blackbeard's Cay excursion. We're departing on the Monarch on 7/31. We will be taking our 10,7, and 2 year old boys with us. This will be the boys first time snorkelling. They are both good swimmers.

1. If we book the regular beach day and the kids decide they are up to the stingray swim, will we be allowed to upgrade then? I ask this because there is a $23 difference for each one of them between the beach day price and the stingray swim. I'm afraid they might chicken-out since this is their first time.

2. My wife is planning to mostly lounge and watch the toddler, but if she wanted to use my gear, would they let her? Or would we both have to pay? I know I sound cheap, but we're trying to cruise on a budget this year.

3. I've read about sand fleas being a problem in the past, is that still an issue? We use Bullfrog sunscreen/insect repellent already, will that be sufficient?

Thanks

Can't wait.

You should be able to upgrade at the bar. I know in 2007 I chickened out and that is where I got my money back!:o

You should also be able to rent snorkle gear from the same place.

We've been there twice and never had issues with sandfleas. If your worried bring a small repellent with deet! Have fun. ;)

Been to Nassau three times...all on SOS out of PC. The Monarch took her place, I believe.

Actually thought that this excursion was a ripoff. When they get you to the beach...which is ok, your view is of the Sandals resort I think across the water.

We have been to Nassau twice with our son, dil and 3yr old and 4 yr old. What they want is the beach. We found that getting a cab and going to the beach in front of the RUI hotel on Paradise Island not only provided for a more cost efficient excursion, but we also had a beautiful view of nothing but ocean.

Did the Blackbeard's thing once, won't do it again.

Archived