Clothes to pack for the 3 night in July- august???

margrey

Hi Guys,

I just had a thought, what clothes to pack for our up coming 3 night on the Pacific Dawn.

Do you think it is wise to take all winter clothes? also does anyone know if there is a formal night on such a short cruise?

Cheers Marg

Hi Margrey

I think your best bet would be to pack mainly warm clothes and maybe a few short sleeves just in case,that's what i am doing for the August trip,and p&O told me there will be a formal night,would you be able to do me a favour and price a packet of ciggies when you go,not sure what to expect on a short cruise and what time we are able to board,i have heard 3pm.Even though it's only 3 days it's still very exciting and i can't wait,hope you have a great time.

Cheers

Hi Margrey, we are also on that cruise. Rang a while back and they assured me there is definately a Formal night. Clothes??? Have been told only a light cardigan is needed inside ship but we are taking some winter woolies for the times on the Lido deck (especially the "sailaway"). Will be cold , but I can't wait to view the harbour in the night. 11 sleeps to go woo hoo.

Hi thanks for the replys, i am glad there is a formal night i love those.

Last time on the ship ciggies were $7.00 per pack at the bar don't know about the duty free as i purchased in Vila(much cheaper)

Really looking forward to it also, we should meet up if you want to?

marg

Hi Margrey, we are also looking forward to the formal night. We are taking our grandchildren and they are terribly excited. Would be lovely to catch up with you. If you name a time and place we will be there.

Hey Waydago

would you also check out price of ciggies for me just incase Margrey forgets,just that we have a few puffers and they are not sure if to take them from home or buy on ship,i'm only talking about buying from Lido bar not Duty free shop.

Cheers

hi,

i am going to wear my suit for formal,and nice shirts and dress paints and nice pair of jeans and a jumper,its only 3 nights i am a kiwi so were use to the cold.....hopefully that monday we arrive back in should be a nice day hopefully.

cheers matt

Hi Waydago, What about in the Bengal bar about 3.00 on Saturday. If we are not too hungover from the friday night LOL!!! My first name is Marg you will recognise me i am the one with the scottish accent stop me if you hear me before then!

Marg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Anita, we were on the 3 day cruise which left 31st July, we took our 2 grandchildren and they (and us) had a ball so your parents and daughter should also. We took some markers to mark the Pacific Daily for everything we wanted to do for each day. Because it is only a short cruise we packed in as much as we could. The weather was great and we found that we should have put an equal amount of summer clothes in as winter. The ship is warm to hot inside and the Lido deck in the middle of the day was warm and sunny. Just thought I'd let you know so you don't needlessly weigh your bags down with multible heavy winter clothes. Have agreat time, I am envious already and we have only been home 6 days.LOL

Archived