Sea weather????

gapopes5

We have been on 3 curises. One in November, one in April and one in May. All three times at night while sleeping, it was very scarrrrry. We were on Disney and we loved them. In December we will be on the Carnival Dream 12-19-2009. Just need to know how bad is the sea weather in December? We are going Eastern this time. Please let me know if you have had bad experiences with the weather in December. :eek:

Define what you mean by scary. To me scary would be the ship almost turning over in the water and falling out of bed, or the waves coming up to at least deck 8. If you mean the swaying of the ship and creaking sounds that is normal. What you have to remember is that when everyone is sleeping is when the ship usually goes the fastest, and probably will not skirt minor showers. This is so that in the daytime the ship can go slower and avoid showers so we can all have a great time on deck and doing whatever. Also I have sailed many times in December, Western, Eastern and Southern - have never had bad seas.

I have sailed in November, May and January. Never noticed any problems in either more of less but had calmer seas in May and January than we did in December. One of the November cruises had some extreme winds and so that was a little rockier but was a lot better this past November.

When we were on Disney one time, I was half asleep and we had a king size bed, it was so rockie that I tried to roll over and rolled really hard into the night stand and just about kept on rolling. The closet doors would not stayed closed. They were slamming back and forth. My husband got up and put the life jackets in between them so it would not be so loud. (I felt like the ship was going to break into) :eek: Thats 3 times I have cruised and its been very rockie at night. I have vertigo but I do take medicine for it. My mom will be with us this time and she is 76. She will be in a room with my 13 & 14 year old daughters. I booked 2 cabins IS Gat and now I'm wondering if I should have picked our rooms so that I knew we would be right together. A friend of mine called Carnival just to check how booked this cruise was and she told her they were @ 80% for the sailing 12-19-2009. This must be a very popular cruise date. I just hope we have wonderful weather. The older I get my vertigo gets worse at times. I guess I will have to take alot of medicine with me and for my family. We are very excited and can't wait to see this new ship. Never been on Carnival but we have heard wonderful things about their ships. :)

Archived