Question for Tiggerman

momsbusy

Your review has been so helpful!

Do you remember the best way to get to Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua?

For the All Inclusive Passes, could you pay with a credit card or was it cash only?

I'm not tiggerman, but I can answer your question.

We took a cab, with another couple, to the Jolly Beach Resort. We paid cash when we got to the resort.

Wow. What a shock to see something directly addressed to me. I still think of myself as an "unknown" around here. To help answer your questions....A lovely lady on our roll call set up a taxi service for us all. We had a group of 10 (I think) going. We met the driver off the end of the pier and had him meet us at the resort and an assigned time. We paid $12 RT per person (It was somewhere around there). The lady is actually on my Face Book friends list now so I will shoot her a message and see if she remembers the name of the cab company.

I am sure you could pay with a credit card, but I did pay cash for ours. I had emailed the resort ahead of time to request a pass. I don't think this was necessarily needed though. We had a couple come with us who had not done so and had no problem getting in.

It was a nice day and we had a lot of fun. It was great to just have a relaxing "resort" day with such a busy itinerary. I do suggest you bring some water shoes if you plan on swimming in the ocean there. There were a lot of broken shells the first few feet of the water's edge (I think this attributes to the waters uniquely beautiful color there).

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the review. I had a lot of fun writing it. Have a great cruise. It was easily my best one yet. The islands are all amazing and beautiful.

Hi! I was hoping you might be around! We are sailing the Victory next week! I'm getting all my plans in order. Your review was so very helpful. Here's another question, about St. Thomas. How long does the trip over to Trunk Bay take? Can't decide if we should do that or stay on St. Thomas and shop and then cab to Sapphire Beach.

The trip over to St Johns and Trunk bay was actually pretty nice. You meet the boat at the end of the pier. It is a double decker boat with a couple guides. The whole trip was about 25 minutes. One of the guys gives you info about the areas you are going by and the Virgin Islands in general. Once you reach St John you get on a bus for about a 15 minute ride to Trunk Bay.

Now I love Trunk Bay and spent a few days there when I was a teenager. However, one thing I do not like about some of Carnival's "Beach break" excursions is that they do not give you enough time IMO. (for the record, I would recommend the Tabayana Beach break in Roatan as you can leave on any number of buses throughout the day). We had about two hours on the beach there. I really just wanted my partner to see it. We actually got back to the ship, took a nap and went back out to some of the shops around the pier.

I will be back in St Thomas in February and plan on just going to one of the beaches on the island. Feel free to keep asking questions if you have any more. Just please do not disregard Dominica. Out of the 15 ports we have been to in the past year it was our favorite. You just have to make plans and get out and see the island. Don't just walk around the port area. I say the same for St Lucia as it is my number 2 port.

Ok, I had the impression the trip to St. Johns was going to involve lots of cabs, buses and ferries, but your trip sounds good. I have to tell you that we went to Tabyana Beach last year and it was one of our favs. The kayaking there was unbelievable and I'd love to go back. Hopefully the coup won't hurt tourism! I don't know what to do on Dominica. I have read some scary stories about the road you have to take to get anywhere. Is it possible to avoid that road and go somewhere good?

Archived