Hotel recommendations near LGA

kruzkid

We are looking for a hotel for the night before our cruise near LGA. We are leaving out of the Manhattan terminal so we would like somewhere with shuttle service to-from airport or to-from the terminal. Thanks in advance!

most likely there will not be any hotel shuttles to the pier in manhattan but most all the LGA airport hotels will have shuttles.....

i haven't stayed in any of these....but if i had to, this is what i would consider....in no particular order:

crowne plaza, courtyard by marriott, laguardia marriott, hampton inn......and either of the 2 fairfield inns (one is 4 years old, the other is 3)

actually looking at the photos on trip advisor the LGA Marriott seems up to date as far as marriott's rooms go-it was redone in 2007

the courtyard was something else when it was built, and was redone in 2004 or 05.....

i would try a car service such as arecibo (718-783-6465), www.carmellimo.com or www.dial7.com

We are looking for a hotel for the night before our cruise near LGA. We are leaving out of the Manhattan terminal so we would like somewhere with shuttle service to-from airport or to-from the terminal. Thanks in advance!

The Fairfield Inn Astoria is about 10 minutes from the airport and has a shuttle service from the airport. I stayed there in October and found the hotel to be clean and the staff very friendly. They have a continental breakfast that was pretty good.

I don't think any hotel is going to have a shuttle to the pier but the Fairfield will arrange for car service for you. Depending on traffic it should take about 20-30 minutes to get to the pier.

I would say, the crown Plaza is the newest one. It looks really nice from the outside. Marriott looks good as well, just looks older. Those are the 2 I would go with. They can probably pick you up at the airport. Give them a call.

Crowne Plaza and Marriott are DIRECTLY across the freeway from LGA (close enough you could actually walk if push comes to shove). Both have shuttles from the airport. Both have a "fancy" restaurant and a "bar/grill" type restaurant (the Marriott's is better). I have stayed in both many times (I am in NYC at least 5 days every month for business). The Crowne is fancier and has better beds, the Marriott has better overall service. The rooms at the back of the Marriott actually look over the runways at LGA, so if plane spotting is something you enjoy, pick the Marriott (it is also totally non smoking, as are all Marriott properties).

Both hotels are generally available on Priceline for $100-125.00 Bid 3.5 stars. You will ONLY get the Crowne Plaza or the Marriott-they are the ONLY hotels at that star rating in the area.

Archived