Diamond Cruise January 2005

zimmer64

My wife and I are getting ready to go on a Diamond Cruise from San Juan next month. Can anyone tell us what is appropriate attire for evening dinners and formal evenings as we want to avoid taking too much unneeded luggage. In addition what is appropriate or recommended daytime wear while on shore. Thanks for your help

Oh, you're bringing back happy memories as we were on the Diamond from San Juan last January! As for evening wear, as I recall it was pretty much country club casual, I think one formal night and one informal night. As for daytime wear, it's warm...shorts, tee shirts, sandals, certainly nothing fancy! You'll likely lounge around the pool in the afternoon so bring your sunscreen! Have fun!

Formal night is usually the second night. Tux or dark suit for men and a formal for the ladies. Some ladies wear a dressy skirt and top, but not too many. Informal is jacket with or without tie for men and a dress or skirt/pants and top for the ladies. Country club casual is a nice shirt and trousers for the men and much the same as informal for the ladies. I often wear a sport jacket with CC casual, because the dining room can be a bit chilly after a day in the sun. Lynn almost always takes a dressy sweater to the dining room and other public areas at night. The dress code of the day is required in the public areas after 1800. Don Vito is always CC casual.

Archived