Port of Long Beach question??

Cougardave

Is there a some place near the pier, (short walking distance) where we can pick up a case of water and soda to carry on to the Splendor. We're taking the Super Shuttle from LAX to the pier and don't want to pack it on the flight.

I really do not think there is. It is a tourist/industrial port. You probably need to get your cab or transportation to stop at a liquor store around there. I could be wrong, but I live pretty close and don't think there is anything within walking distance of the port.

Hi Cougar Dave. Unfortunately when you get to the port, that is it! You have the Queen Mary and the ship terminal. That's it. The water on the ship is actually not bad. You can put lemon in it (that's what I do). I would just pack some the 3 Mexico port days and drink ship water on board...

Have a wonderful time... If you need something to do in Mazatlan. Go online to MazatlanFrank.com and have some inexpensive fun! He is the best and comes highly recommended... He has different tours.. My party of 4 had a private tour of the Pacifico Brewery....

http://www.lbtransit.com/services/passport.aspx

I am not sure if this will help you or not but I think you could take the free bus from the Queen Mary (which is right next door to the port) to an area around the Aquarium (downtown) to get water and soda. I think there is a Walmart over in that area but not certain how close it is to where they take you. I hope this helps, maybe even enough to get you pointed into the right direction.:)

Another thought would be to tip the supershuttle driver to stop so you can buy water and soda before you get to the port?????

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed if your SuperShuttle driver is taking you and others to the port he/she would be willing to pull over for a few moments while you all pick up some soda/water to take. A few dollars additional (as you enter the van) could do the trick. In NYC my best friend and I had a 5 am pick up by SS. As we entered the van bleary-eyed, I handed the driver $5 and told him I'd buy the bagels and coffee if he'd stop at the best bagel place open at that time (there were 3 other passengers already onboard). Everyone was enthusiastic, he took us, we all hopped out and I treated him to a coffee and bagel as promised. Everyone on the van thanked us profusely. No one had thought they could do such a thing. It was a 10 minute stop. No biggie. But made a huge difference for everyone.

We've taken the Long Beach bus to downtown many times(takes about 10 minutes) The Walmart is about a 3 block walk from the busstop or there is a 7/11 on a corner. It is very doable. You could check in early and then get off and take the bus downtown. The bus stop is right in front of the Queen Mary which is right next door to the cruise terminal. Hopes this helps some.

I believe there is a Walmart right across the street from our ship at our first port in PV. If you can wait for a couple days...you can buy it there. I've read some posts about it on here from folks that have been to it. In fAct..they even had a picture of how close it was. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

unless you are reallly picky about your bottled water there is no need to take a ton of it on the ship. the water on board is a good as any tap water around. just take some bottles to refill. you can also buy some bottled water in pv at the wal-mart. it is right across the street from the port in pv. that is the first port so you can have it by the 3rd day.

Archived