I just have to share!

Lunur

It is not often someone really goes out of their way to help. My 15 year old son and I will be on the Zaandam in August and he wanted to fish. We had plans to take the helicopter ride to the dog sled camp in Juneau, so that was out. Ketchikan has some of these excursions but it is such a short day there, I did not want to miss walking around the town and that is where I intend to do my souviner shopping. So that left Sitka. We are there for a longer time and wanted to see wildlife any maybe fish. Armed with the advice of some very knowledgeable cruise critic members, I made some contacts. One of them was with Jim of Sitka Sound Tours. Jim wrote me a long email about what he does and he can tailor his tours individually, and what would be best for that time of year fishing wise. However, he is already booked for the day we will arrive. He not only gave me another name of a boat captain, Jim told me to contact him back if that person was unavailable and he would find someone for us. I took his recommendation, they were available, and I can't wait to visit this very hospitable corner of our country!

Great! Glad it worked out. Nice to share these success stories when you catch people doing something right! Sounds like Jim of Sitka Sound Tours is a good name to remember.

Tight lines to your son.

Yes, it is so nice to see people go out of their way even if they aren't profiting from it. We hear too much about the negative stuff.

Thanks Roboat! I'll pass the good luck wish to my son. I'm even going to give it a whirl!

Archived