Booking with a USA agent

moniquet

We have booked with the same USA agent for about 10 years. Saw an offer on a cruise with HAL for Jan. HAL has changed it's policy and now does not allow anyone from Europe to book through a USA travel Agent. The offer was for a suite for the same price as a balcony at $1330. Equivalent price I can find in Europe is at least double, anyone know why this is:confused::mad:

Have you asked your TA about this? I would ask her/him to book the cruise you want and see what happens. Let us know what sje/he tells you. A TA will know what rthey can and cannot do. Then tell us the outcome.

It was my TA in the US who told me about the HAL policy. They are not allowed to take bookings from Europe. Not all lines operate this policy but I wanted a HAL cruise. It is nothing to do with the TA's or the US Government, just HAL. I may write to them and ask why!

I don't know why we in Europe should have to pay more:( I also get direct mailings from Princess. When I clicked on one of their offers this morning a pop-up came up and said "Not available in your area":mad:

Archived