Bring Back The RED STRIPE!!!

ajagent

oh man... I'm new so I didn't know Carnival ever had Red Stripe! Now I know what I am missing! Did I read that they do have Corona at least? Anything else besides American beer? (no offense, but as Canadians, we find American beer just blah and yukky!... and I guess I'm picky, as I don't like Heineken either)

Thats what we think of Labatts and Molson, no offense but tastes like Bear Whiz! Remember those T shirts? :D

http://telescope1.logika.net/b/scope?u=www.bearwhiz.com%2F&c=wtxxzwzptkumzvrnlsmpwuolkuoqpszr

I am not a beer drinker, but other brands they do not carry are Molson Canadian and Kokanee. I do think they sell Labbatt's Blue, another Canadian beer.

Me, I stick to the fruity alcoholic drinks!

There was no Labatt's available on the Fascination in April, although it was still on the beer menu - the bartender said that they had discontinued it due to slow sales.....:(

DH just tried the Bud lime and declared it girls beer.

Hey, I take offense to that! :p

Red Stripe is available just about everywhere now but it tastes better on a cruise. :)

Definitely! I like Red Stripe but tend to rotate what's in the fridge just so I don't get "bored". But there's something about being on the ship or in Jamaica and drinking Red Stripe :D

DH just tried the Bud lime and declared it girls beer.

Tracked some down on the weekend and I'll pass. However the girls didn't like it either so what does that say?:rolleyes:

Canadian beer sold in Canada has a higher alcohol content by about 1% - not much, but it does taste different. Canadian beer bottled in the US I believe can't have an alcohol content as high so it is (gasp:o) watered down!:(

We enjoyed red stripe for the first time last feb when we were at doctors cave beach in Jamaica. On getting back on board the Conquest we thought we would continue the festivities on the Lido deck and promptly ordered another couple. To our disappointment our bartender told us it wasn't the same stuff as we'd had on the beach as they had to serve the Red Stripe made in the States - which is weaker and doesn't taste the same. He was right. So if you want REAL Red Stripe - you gotta head to Jamaica mon!:cool:

No Guinness?

No way....not unless you are IN Ireland and they are pouring it from the tap...Guinness does NOT travel well - doesn't even taste that great when I get it in London.

Wish they served up Carib on the ships - that's my fave beer down ilon...

• 8 months later...

I haven't sailed this ship yet, but I'm sure several people could help me out with this. I want the menu of beers and the package they serve onboard. Example- Miller Lite 16oz plastics, etc. Thanks a million!

I haven't sailed this ship yet, but I'm sure several people could help me out with this. I want the menu of beers and the package they serve onboard. Example- Miller Lite 16oz plastics, etc. Thanks a million!

Here you go.

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Bar_Menu#Beer

This is subject to change.

I agree 100%. We live in Ohio, next door to Pa, and you would think we could get Yuengling here. Not so.

We can find it in Ft. Lauderdale, however, and look forward to our stays along 17th in Ft. Lauderdale where it is available at the Marina Deli and a few other bars/restaurants along the strip.

Dianne

I am actually glad they don't have Yuengling on the boat, I would drink waaay too much of it. It is my staple at the house, plus it is available everywhere on Tap in Orlando... it is soooo good.

I agree with others though, I use it as my excuse to drink mixed drinks.

Archived