Christmas and New Year on Queen Mary 2

bonni99

Hello- havent been on this board for a while but please excuse me if this has been answered before, but was wondering if anyone who had done the Christmas cruise aboard Queen Mary 2 would care to share their views/opinions. I am hoping to book for this year and wondered what sort of activities they had on Christmas day and what the Christmas lunch/dinner was like!

Many thanks!

Gemma

Last sailed September 2008 Mediterranean Queen mary 2

Have sailed 6 times onboard and love this ship!

This was posted on our roll call by someone who did the Holiday cruise last year.

"I was on the 2008 QM2 Christmas cruise. The whole ship is decorated over the first few days of the cruise - 60+ trees, 800+ Poinsettias, a gingerbread village. Christmas Eve there was a sing alone in the Grand Lobby. At Christmas dinner Cunard provided Christmas crackers and the best turkey dinner I have ever had on a cruise with christmas pudding & custard and mince meat pie for desert. New Years Eve there are hats, noise makers and streamers at your table at dinner time with parties all over the ship and plenty of free champagne at midnight."

I was on board late Nov - early December when a lot of the decorations were put out. So I got a taste of what it will look like this year when I'm aboard this year for the holiday.

Linda:)

Thanks for your replies. I have gone ahead and booked the cruise- will be my first Christmas away from home so am very excited about what it will be like onboard our favourite ship!

Archived