NCL Kids Club

travlchicky

Hi All ~

My DH and I are taking our DS who is 3.5 on his first cruise on the NCL Spirit to Bermuda on Aug 7th. I am planning on putting him in the kids club a few times while we are on the boat but I do have some questions:

*What is the ratio of staff to kids ? I am pretty sure that there will be quite a few kids on the boat, I am just afraid of there being a ton of 2-5 years and only one or two staff supervising .....

* Has anyone been turned away from kids club because there was too many kids ?

* Do the kids leave the facility or are they in there for the time being ? I really dont want my little one out of the kids club with out me....

If anyone has any other tips / advice for cruising with a preschooler please feel free to add them, they are greatlyappreciated ! My little guy is pretty well traveled , but I seem to be a little more anxious about a cruise ....

Thanks in advance !!!:D

We were on the Spirit in 2007, our DS was 3.5 at the time. He loved the Kids club.

He had even more fun on the Jewel in April.

I noticed on the Jewel, the kids were brought to one of the shows in a group. This was nice because we were able to enjoy the show and he enjoyed being with his new friends.

There seemed to be plenty of counselors. I'm not sure if the have a ratio they have to keep. Things are different at sea.

SO far NCL is two for two with the Kids club. Let's see if they pull off the hat trick next month.

We have sailed with our kids on NCL 4 times now. And, all 4 times we couldn't keep our kids out of the Kid Crew. They do take them to shows and the last sea day they had a "Treasure Hunt" because "Stinky Pete has stolen our treasure!" They were dressed up like pirates and toured the ship. There were plenty of counselors. I don't know the actual ratio. But, I'd guess at least 8 to 1. We've never been turned away. And, the kids actually liked the Kid Crew better than summer camp! They can't wait to go back next year.

I'm on that same Spirit trip, with my kids, ages 5 and 7. I have some of the same concerns (we're well traveled as well, but this is our first cruise).

Most of the research seems to indicate that the ratios are good enough, but I'm banking on that outdoor pool with stadium seating to be the savior. Just hope the weather plays along.

I'm on that same Spirit trip' date=' with my kids, ages 5 and 7. I have some of the same concerns (we're well traveled as well, but this is our first cruise).

Most of the research seems to indicate that the ratios are good enough, but I'm banking on that outdoor pool with stadium seating to be the savior. Just hope the weather plays along.[/quote']

Giantcrazy~

I am glad that I am not the only one with concerns ! The more I read on the message boards, the less anxious I am becoming. I dont think my son will be in the kids club for extended amounts of time unless he chooses so. I am too banking on the outdoor kids pool to be a great place to relax with my little guy. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the horrible Massachusetts weather doesn't follow us to Bermuda ! Happy Sailing to you !

We were on the Spirit out of New Orleans in Feb and my dd4 loved the kids club. They were mostly in the club but towards the end, they did come out. For the show and also, while sunning by the main pool Friday morning, I heard a band of pirates parading by, singing songs. They loved it.

I was so impressed with the Spirit Kids' club having only cruised Disney Wonder before.

Daze, I can tell you from first hand experience that my daughter loved the Kid's Crew when she was 10... this past January! ha ha ha She also loved it at 9 and 8. :)

The most kids we've seen on our last three cruises were on the Star two cruises ago, and there were quite a few in the 2-5 group (probably because it was mid-January and they wouldn't have been in school yet). I think there were three counsellors and maybe 16-18 kids in the group. My daughter has never gone to the Kid's Crew theatre performance (she prefers to be with us if she's going to go), she has participated in more than one pirate parade, and as an 'older kid', she was assigned a hand to hold. The counsellors are still supervising and responsible, of course, but by 'attaching' a 'big kid' to every 'little kid', they add one more security measure (and the older ones feel like they're doing something 'mature').

Some kids just don't like the kids' clubs on ships - or they might clash with other kids or even counsellors - but in my experience, it hasn't happened to us, nor have I ever seen anything but smiling faces when we've been around the groups. Good luck only dropping your son off 'once or twice' once he gets a taste of it... :)

Thank you all for the feedback ! I think my little guy is going to love Kids Club...I showed him pictures online and he was so excited that he could play all day with other kids. I think all my concerns have been adressed.....now is just needs to be August 7th !!:D

Our DS has been on 3 NCL cruises (starting at 4 y/o) and like everyone else we had a hard time keeping him out of of Kid's Club (12 hours one sea day :eek:). For 2 of the cruises another activity not in the kid's center was to go to the bridge and have cookies with the Captain. For each of the cruises there was also the chance to go to dinner with the Kid's Crew counselors one evening. You could not miss the Kid's Crew kids when they were going to and from a show; they would be in a long line with counselors spread out along the line and everyone chanting and/or singing. :D

Archived