Where did you use your Cell on the Cruise?

happybooker1

Anybody know how texting works on the cruise? I don't text but DD16 has unlimited texting and I'm sure if her phone was on to use as a clock texts would come through. Would she get charged even if she didn't read them until we returned to the Miami?

Also, what if you have your phone on and it rings but you don't answer it? Do you get charged for that?

A 16 year old with her cell phone in her pocket knowing that a text message just came through and NOT read it?????:eek::D Surely you jest??? :D

The cell phone companies usually say that you shouldn't get charged for the text until you read it BUT caution is NEVER a bad thing when it comes to potential charges one does't expect. Fortunately, if you have Verizon the charge for her reading that text message is 5 cents per message so not too bad although will be a 50 cents charege if she replies and remember you are talking about a 16 yr old away from her friends so its going to be REALLY hard for her not to do that! :):)

I usually make a few calls in port before we sail away to rub it in to people I work with. Then shut it off and lock it in the safe, However in November I did need to make a call from Nassau and I have sprint the call was about 17 minutes or less and the cost was $50.00:rolleyes: But was worth every cent.

Archived