Eastern Caribbean from NY

saileeney

I think we have decided on the Feb. 3rd cruise on the Gem out of NYC (Yay! No flying!!) and I was wondering about the weather.

How long before it is warm enough to swim or lay out on the deck? The first 2 days are "at sea" . So I'm hoping to have a little time before we get to the Caribbean to work on my tan :D

Thanks!

~Aileen

I think we have decided on the Feb. 3rd cruise on the Gem out of NYC (Yay! No flying!!) and I was wondering about the weather.

How long before it is warm enough to swim or lay out on the deck? The first 2 days are "at sea" . So I'm hoping to have a little time before we get to the Caribbean to work on my tan :D

Thanks!

~Aileen

Of course, it varies, but probably by the middle of the second day. If you're lucky, early in the day. E. Caribb. out of NYC is still one of my favorites of all time!! Enjoy!!!

By the time you reach the Carolina's mid-day on first sea day, you will

notice it will be a bit warmer.....second sea day you will be east of Florida coast and should be in the 70's or maybe low 80's.....enjoy your cruise, we loved the Gem.....

Hey I am going on the same cruise as you! I have asked my boyfriend who is also coming on the cruise. He was in the Coast Guard and lived in South Carolina for a few Years. He said that the second day we will hit the warm weather. Maybe well see you on board!

Kristina

Thanks!

~Aileen

Once we left NY in March at had a wonderful 1st sea day in the sun at the pool.

We have also departed in May and had poor (cold and rainy) weather.

Weather can just be unpredictable.

Go with a positive attitude and a warm-up and you will have a wonderful time.

We are doing the same cruise....just a different date. January 3rd was the cheapest date out of all of them so that is the one we picked.

In any event....our last cruise was closer to your date. It snowed and there was snow all over the deck of the ship.....however, the weather on the second day was perfect.

Have fun. :D

We are on the same cruise. The weather has to be better than what we are leaving behind. Earliest we've cruised in April. Weather was great then, it was also on the Gem. Can't wait to get back on her.

Pat

Archived