Connecting room noise

sunseeker17

We are looking to book a connecting room without knowing the person next door. The ncl agent said the doors are noisier than a wall. We will be on the Jade floor 9. Anyone have experience with or without noise next to a door.

thanks,

sunseeker

We once were allocated a guarantee cabin, which was a connecting cabin. Our experience was identical to all other respondees.....absolutely no problem with noise or anything else.

We were on the Jade last year in a room with a connecting door. No noise but make sure it is locked. One of the first things I did after checking out the cabin was try the connecting door and both doors where unlocked. :eek:

I had to get the room steward to lock the doors.

We were on the Jade last year in a room with a connecting door. No noise but make sure it is locked. One of the first things I did after checking out the cabin was try the connecting door and both doors where unlocked.

Oh My! :eek: That could be a bit disconcerting!!

Okay, so I'm the lone dissenter.

We have only had a problem once (problem is not the right word, really)

and that was onboard the Pride of America. The neighbors were in our

travelling group and were nice quiet people but what we heard mostly was noise from the coffee maker and ice bucket. The doors were on the wall next to the cabinet that held the coffee maker, ice bucket and had a few drawers. I was surprised the first morning when I could hear very clearly our neighbor rip open the foil pounch to make coffee and scooping ice out fo the bucket and shuffling about in a drawer.

If they had been noisy people it might have been problematic, but it wasn't. We had had adjoining rooms without problems in the past but since then I book a non-adjoining if I can. Overall, I don't think it's something to be concerned about.

I'm sure it depends on who your connecting neighbors are! I've heard complaints here from people NOT in a connecting cabin about noisy neighbors, or noise in the hall, too. But the one time we had a connecting cabin I thought it must be vacant since there was no noise whatsoever, not even tv. But I saw people on the balcony so it was occupied! No noise from connecting cabins nor being near an elevator.

We were on the Jade last year in a room with a connecting door. No noise but make sure it is locked. One of the first things I did after checking out the cabin was try the connecting door and both doors where unlocked. :eek:

That is what happened to us on the Dawn. My DH and the man next door tried the door about the same time. :) We laughed and had it locked.

Joyce

We heard the TV from the connecting cabin. But it was only when I was standing right next to the door. I only heard it when we first checked in and I think it was because they (room steward) turn up the volume on boarding day and have the NCL channel on. Other than that, no problem. Never though to check if the doors were locked!

All depends on who your neighbors are. We were in AF on the Star for the Mexican Riviera and our AF had a connecting room. Our next door neighbors were a group from who knows where that included the mother and her two daughters (f not more than that - not sure how many were in there total but I don't think an AF can hold more than 4 - but anyway). The screaming that happened was obnoxious but stopped once we asked them to keep it down. But it went on for a couple of days before we got riled up enough to actually say anything. It happened at random times throughout the cruise but it wasn't constant - it could have also been when the balcony doors were open so the noise came in - nothing you can do there. On all of the other cruises we have been on, not a problem - but when we started booking suites, the concern went away - less people to be around in those areas of the ship.

We had a slight problem "once"...only once so I know it was probably more due to the people and not necessarily the room. They had a number of kids in there and that cabin was "hopping" day and night. They also took their jolly good times out on the balcony.....there was no peace out there for us many times. I was not a happy camper. You book balcony rooms and mini suites to have some private peaceful moments out there perhaps to read a book or just have your evening glass of wine. That of course had nothing to do with a connecting room....but the noise level "inside" may have. I don't know.

We had a major problem with our adjoining room. Constant knocking on the door. The only way the problem could be fixed is if we left the kids home.:D

OH Crap so that was my first mistake booking the Pearl in March during spring break?!!

• 2 years later...

Archived