Questions about AO pirate night

hooked-on-travel

I know people either love or hate pirate night with AO and I am in the latter category. Next year we will take our first cruise with DD old enough to go to AO, so the first time to deal with the dilema. I know we can't control what our kids see and do forever, but I find the pirate parade song/actions crude and offensive. I have no intention of inflicting that on her, at least not at such an early age. So my question is this: Do they teach the vulgar pirate song all day? Or just on pirate night right before the parade? In other words, can we skip the exposure by just skipping pirate night?

That's ok, you can skip it. :D

The day it's taught is listed in the compass. I think it says something like "Your child must be present at {insert time here} to be able to participate in the pirate parade. No late check ins. No checking in/out after {this time}"

To other's reading this -- these are some of the lines from the pirate parade routine {yes, told to me by my 9 year old...lol...her memory is much better than mine}

Hey look pirates, there's the captain

Kids say - "Aye Aye Captain!"

And there's the captain's shopaholic wife

Kids say "Buy me this and buy me that"

And there's the captains son.

Kids say "what's up dude?"

And there's the captains bratty daughter

Kids say "But DAADDDDY"

And there's the captains dog

{children lift a leg like a dog peeing} "BARK!"

That pirate is a bad pirate.

Kids say "WALK THE PLANK! WALK THE PLANK!"

Oh no! That water is infested with sharks! {scream!} -

Kids say "See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!"

Hey pirates, did you party hard last night?

Kids say "We feel great!"

Are you sure?

Kids say "Aye Aye Aye" {kids, pretend to throw up}

Thanks crusinmama, I was afraid they sang it all week...or at least all day. Half of them are ok and fun, but why do they have to do the other half? Oh well, probably an older target audience. Maybe we'll just stick with the day program. Or are the other nights tame?

Thanks crusinmama, I was afraid they sang it all week...or at least all day. Half of them are ok and fun, but why do they have to do the other half? Oh well, probably an older target audience. Maybe we'll just stick with the day program. Or are the other nights tame?

Yeah the other nights are fine. Here are some of the nights...Day 5 was pirate night on our sailing, you can see that it started late, so you can avoid it by keeping her out that night.

Indy3-5Day2.jpg

Indy3-5Day3.jpg

Indy3-5Day4.jpg

Indy3-5Day5.jpg

Indy3-5Day6.jpg

Archived