Legend mini-golf and water slide?

SJChaput

Are these features only for the children on board or can those of us who are children on the inside still make use of them?

How is the mini-golf and water slide?

I can't imagine there is a really big and elaborate mini-golf on a cruise ship (never cruised before)

Any good or just for kiddies?

They are for everyone!

We always enjoy a round of mini golf. It goes very quickly though, and the pitch and roll can make a game extra challenging ;) heehee. They are simple courses, but they do have small obstacles, and it's still a fun way to pass a few minutes ;)

I haven't made it on the waterslide, but there are plenty of adults using them. I guess it depends on your slide technique. If you're a sit and stick kind of slider, it's probably not much fun... but some people looked to get some good speed :)

Sorry, I haven't sailed on the Legend, but the Glory had both a slide and mini-golf course. They are for use by ALL passengers, but there is a minimum height requirement (42 inches I think) for the water slide.

The mini golf on the Glory was just 6 holes and was located around the funnel. I took my 3-year-old there one day and she loved it (but she cheats!) As we were climbing the stairs to the course, we passed 2 groups of adults (one middle-aged group, one late teen/early 20's group) coming back from the course. They seemed to be smiling and having a good time.

Give it a try! You'll have a great time!

Do you have to lay down going down the water slide, or can you sit up? (I hate lying down on water slides, I get too much water in my nose!) :eek:

I've never tried it, but from what I've seen, you don't have to lie down. There's a virtual tour of the twister water slide on the Carnival website, and from the camera angle, it looks like the person video taping was sitting up.

Do you have to lay down going down the water slide, or can you sit up? (I hate lying down on water slides, I get too much water in my nose!) :eek:

You can do either, but whether or not you'll go anywhere while sitting up (and sometimes laying down) depends on how much water pressure the slide is using.

Oh yes, you can definitely sit up. We went on the slide several times when we were on the Legend. It was lots of fun, even if I did feel a bit foolish at first. Afterward I saw several other adults follow suit, so no worries.

BTW, I like to sit up. I found you can get up just as much speed by leaning forward (forearms on your knees) , as laying down. But watch out, the big splash at the end tends to hit you in the face if you don't sit back up straight at the last second.

Oh yes, you can definitely sit up. We went on the slide several times when we were on the Legend. It was lots of fun, even if I did feel a bit foolish at first. Afterward I saw several other adults follow suit, so no worries.

BTW, I like to sit up. I found you can get up just as much speed by leaning forward (forearms on your knees) , as laying down. But watch out, the big splash at the end tends to hit you in the face if you don't sit back up straight at the last second.

Is there a max weight limit? Did you see any plus sized people on the water slide?

The mini-golf is for all ages, but it isn't that great. It so windy up there your ball won't even sit still unless you are in port. But hey, it's something to do for free and I'll certainly do it again. Just don't expect it to be anything nearly as good as your favorite mini-golf course at home.

Archived