Baltic Capitals August 14th!! Hooray!!

I'm getting so excited! Not long now till our cruise. Is there anybody else out there going on this cruise?

We are regular cruisers but if anyone has any up to date advice to offer we'd be really grateful!

Sharon:)

Hi Sharon,

We are also going on this cruise and really looking forward to it. We are getting married the day before, so we will be on honeymoon. Have sailed on Emerald and Destiny previously and enjoyed both. Just a bit concerned about the posting elsewhere on the messageboard regarding problems with Norovirus on cruises earlier in the season.

Regards,

Isobel

Hi Isobel,

How exciting going on your honeymoon! You must be very busy at the moment with last minute wedding preparations. How weird -we've been on The Emerald too! We did the Adriatic.

I know what you mean about the Norovirus but the way I look at it is that at least it's already happened. I reckon that the ships will be being really vigilant about it now as they won't want a repeat.

Have you thought about what shore excursions you are going to be doing?

Sharon ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sharon,

Not long to go now!

We are planning to take organised trips in Kalundborg -probably just take transfer to Copenhagen and look round ourselves, St Petersburg where I definitely want to see the Catherine Palace and do the Neva cruise at night and Warnemunde from where we plan to travel to Berlin. Other ports we will probably just go it alone. I've never been to any of these countries before so I am really looking forward to the trip.

We did the Adriatic and Greek Islands back to back on Emerald last July. She was a great ship and it is sad that she has been dropped now. Cabins were much more spacious than on Destiny.

Regards,

Isobel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We're going on the Spirit on the 14th August and really looking forard to it. We went on it 2 years ago up the Norwegian fjords and loved it. As far as we were concerned there were no problems at all.

This time we're doing St Petersburg with Anastasia Tours; reccommended by friends as being cheaper and more flexible than by coach,

Has anyone else done this?

Jaycee

Hi to both Isobel and Jaycee (and anyone else reading this!)!

Oh my gosh! Only two more sleeps!

We are planning to do as many excursions as the budget will allow. Going to do own thing in three of the places though.

I'm off to do the last minute shopping in a minute...buy more stuff that I probably won't need!

Decided to take only £ and Euro having taken advice.

Does anyone out there know whether they allow you off the coach on the St Petersburg Panoramic Tour?

Sharon:):o:p;):D

Hia we did this cruise in May/Jun 09.

We did Panoramic tour in St Petes and you get off a few times for photos and at the end we got off for 30 mins and went into large shop/cafe to buy gifts etc (except most currency)

We were lucky with the weather so hope you are the same. Enjoy your cruise.xxxxx

Archived