Swimsuit cover up for excursions

What type of swim suit cover up does everyone wear when going on excursions? Most of our excursions will involve some swimming and snorkeling, but at the same time walking around and shopping. I was planning on just wearing my bathing suit...tankini type bathing suit. Do most people just wear shorts, top and shorts or what????

You should have your suit covered while not on the beach...many Caribbean countries are more....conservative than you might think!

A tankini top should be ok with shorts. Or, slip a sundress over your suit. But make sure your middle and your butt are covered!

I cannot tolerate wearing a bathing suit (especially a wet and sandy one) under clothing, but I wear a one piece, perhaps a two piece isn't so confining and hot. I take along my bathing suit and change into it, then back again after leaving the beach.

But, I think a sundress would by far be more comfortable than a pair of shorts and a T shirt.

Ohhhhhh, making sure my middle and butt are covered is not a problem! LOL I have a bit of fluff that I need to hide. LOL Just trying to figure out what would be best on excursions. Some of our excursions will be hiking...well, not really hiking but walking pathways to waterfalls. I'm thinking a sundress would not be feasible for this.

I generally wear some type of sundress/tunic type coverup if we're doing a beach day, but as a previous poster stated, walking around in a wet/sandy bathing suit is a drag:eek: so, I'd probably bring something to change into if I planned to shop after the excursion.

If we're doing an active excursion, such as yours sounds like, I'll wear shorts and a shirt over my suit, especially if I don't know what the changing facilities are. If it's a beach/shopping day I wear a sundress or cover-up that looks more like real clothes, (I don't like walking around in something too brief or beachy) or, again, shorts and top.

I just purchased a running skort from Target. I love it and have gotten many compliments on it.

I can wear it with a t-shirt at my sons t-ball games and wear it w/ my swimsuit top at the pool. At the pool I usually wear with a tank top.

I bought it in the althletic apparel section.

I also wear sundresses, very comfy.

Archived