Future Cruise Planning

jhmoore143

Hi

We just got off our first cruise three weeks ago and are already planning our next one. (Gee, thats a surprise, isnt it? :D)

I have been comparing everything from ships to destinations to on board activities, excursions, room sizes - you name it, I looked at it. I have even created a spreadsheet covering the cruise line, ship, date, cost etc.

The problem I have run into is for the 7 Day Eastern Caribbean cruise on Disney, when I look for information, I can not find any costs for the one room suite. In fact, none of the suites show up when I run through their "search for a cruise" applet.

How does one get the costs for these rooms - or will I have to call them direct? I really dont want to call them for fear of being hounded. I know they are a different company and I should forecast my apprehension onto them because another company is doing that - but I do. I made the mistake of calling Carnival to ask them some questions and the rep has called me at least once a week since. I kept telling him that I didnt like the constant calls and when I am ready, if we decide on Carnival, I will call him. When he kept calling, I finally had to ask for his supervisor to have him stop. That didnt work so I used the block feature on Bell South.

Anyway - I want to be able to do a true comparison and cant without these costs. I will be grateful for any and all suggestions (pertaining to this question :p)

Yes, with Disney you have to call for Categories 1-3.

For what its worth, I've called DCL a few times, and have never gotten calls from them.

With Carnival, I have also gotten some calls after inquiring about pricing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think another reason they don't have them posted is because they are booked years in advance. This is what I was told by DCL. She said that I can send in a fax requesting anything from a specific date to a particular month. As soon as something opens up, they will call and you have a choice to book or not. They may not have a room open up for 2 years. If that is the case, they would have to post prices for two years from now, which is almost impossible!

Archived