Valdez, Copper Landing, Fairbanks

maltoose181

Can't help you with Copper Landing, but we have researched Valdez for our upcoming cruise. I have heard a lot of good things about Pangea. They provide fishing, sea kayaking, hiking, glacier boat tours etc. The only food place I have seen mentioned is Totem Inn - a hotel. Would like to see some other options there! I have heard others mention that they could spend several days doing everything Valdez has to offer. Enjoy!!

Restaurants are not very good in Valdez, everyone says so. Totem is great for breakfast and lunch. The Chinese restaurant is excellent, although considerably more than our Chinese restaurants around here, but well worth it. I can't think of the restaurant at the Best Western is very good, but also very expensive. If the scallops are particularly good this year, make sure you get a dish at Best Western with scallops because they do fish very well.

I can't recommend Pangaea high enough. I have been kayaking, and hiking, ice climbing with them on multiple occasions and they are just the best. If they also do fishing that must be new and I would be surprised. If you want to fish, which is highly recommended, if you are 5 or 6 and can fill a full 6-pack post that and I will make several boat recommendations that are captains I have been out with. If you are not a full boat, then contact Fish Central in Valdez and they will put you on a boat with others in order to be able to fill a trip. They also do excellent processing and if you book through Fish Central I believe they give you a discount on their processing.

If you are a hiker, then I would definitely do the hike to the deserted gold mine. I would also go to Worthington glacier if you have transportation. If you are into kayaking, going out to Columbia and sea kayaking in the ice fields is something that can't hardly be explained.

Love, love, love Valdez

Archived