~SherryBerry~

Adventurer OTS 2/2004 Yippee!

Disney Wonder 12/2002

Carnival Paradise 1/2001

Carnival Fascination 10/2000

Celebrity Galaxy 11/98

Norwegian Norway 1/96

Celebrity Century 2/95

Yup. And you'll probably end up with a better inside cabin than we have in a cat L and pay less than us. This is the way they lower prices after final payment without lowering already booked passenger's prices. Pretty swift, huh?

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress on 9/18/04

Good Luck - last year we booked "Z" on the Vision and everyone ended up with L cat rooms - 8 rooms that I know of. So good luck - you just have to be content with whatever your assigned. But you can't beat the price.

Yes, the Cat Z guarantee is amost $600 dollars less than just a regular inside. I could care less about my cabin, as long as I am on the ship at this point!!!

~SherryBerry~

Disney Wonder 12/2002

Carnival Paradise 1/2001

Celebrity Galaxy 11/98

Norwegian Norway 1/96

Celebrity Century 2/95

We, too, took advantage of the Cat.Z offerings on the Visions last summer. Had 2 cabins... were only 3 cabins away (went in knowing that they wouldn't be adjoining, but for the savings... what the heck). We also got an L assignment.. was somewhat midship and wasn't the "worst inside on the ship". Think you do MUCH better on a X,Y,Z guarantee than an assigned category guarantee. We found out about our assignment about a month out (I think). $600 is alot of $$ to put to other, more important things than sleeping quarters.. esp. if it would also be an inside. And don't worry about insides... we've done everything and for the savings (and darkness/quiet sleep) we sometimes prefer it.. just make sure to have a wakeup call if you're out late and want to do something in the AM.. we've "almost" missed breakfast on several occasions since we've slept in (with the kids too).

Enjoy.

Carolyn

Thanks CMJAFFE. I have stayed in the three basic cabins before (inside, outside, balcony). While I would love to spring for a balcony, the budget and these summer last minute cruise prices just arent cooperating with each other :-), so i am resigning myself to just be happy to be on the ship :-))))

I will check at the pier though for a balcony. I am not asking for much, just a cheap balcony (well, cheap compared to what they are asking now!) -- not like it is a suite or something :-)

~SherryBerry~

Disney Wonder 12/2002

Carnival Paradise 1/2001

Celebrity Galaxy 11/98

Norwegian Norway 1/96

Celebrity Century 2/95

Is Category Q the same as Z? I didn't realize there was a Z. We have a Q on the Serenade, and I'm hoping we'll end up with something better than an inside on deck 2....

Fajita Pita

Song of Norway 12/79

Tropicale 12/84

Explorer of the Seas 8/3/02

Mariner of the Seas 1/4/04

Serenading to Alaska for our 10th anniversary!

Roll call for Serenade 8/1/04 click here

Time until our next cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;1;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700

I booked a Z GTY on Vision June 4th and got assigned a larger inside stateroom.

NOt bad but I also will check for balconies at the pier. Sometimes there are really great deals!

RCI(37),NCL(12),Princess(1),HAL(2),Celebrity(3), Carnival(2), Eastern (13),Radisson(2), Star Clippers(1),Home Lines(2), Costa(5),Big Red Boat (6), Dolphin (1), Commodore (2), Others (11)

fajita: I think a 'Q' is an assigned inside cabin? I am not totally sure though. Too many letters to keep track of :-)

~SherryBerry~

Disney Wonder 12/2002

Carnival Paradise 1/2001

Celebrity Galaxy 11/98

Norwegian Norway 1/96

Celebrity Century 2/95

If you are happy with any cabin then go for it! My family was upgraded as well. The only down side is when we booked 2 cabins hoping to get close together we were on opposite sides of the ship! It worked out ok though since we were always close to someones cabin if we needed a break!

Archived