Risking it with Day of Flights: Lesson Learned!

t4jes

It seems as if we have said that so many times, that we are blue in the face from it. Those that listen, usually enjoy the time before their cruise that much more. Those that don't will have several more grey hairs as they make their way toward their ship. We all have stories of what was, and what might have been.

We are from NY,a nd we flew out of NY in Feb for a cruise on the old Norway. There was a forcast of heavy snow for the next day, but we had a flight for the day before our cruise. We got out with no problems, but the next day NYC and most of the northeast got buried withover 20 inches of snow, all airports were closed for the entire day. So if anyone had tried to book the same day flight, they would be waving bye bye to the ship from the NYC airport.

Some people just never learn and like to live on the 'wild side'.

Glad it worked out for you. Want a review!

Did you find out about the canceled flight from Delta by phone, email or were you just printing your boarding pass? Thanks

Just got back. Great cruise. Will write up some thoughts later...

Air Canada claimed it e-mailed me to inform me of the cancelled flight, but I never saw one. I actually had already checked in that morning. I just happened to be checking on the SFO website as to which terminal I needed to go to and couldn't find the flight. That led me to the Air Canada website, where I discovered the dreaded words "CANCELLED". I saw that I had been rescheduled to arrive in Vancouver at 4:25. I'm very glad I stuck it out for the 2 hours on hold to finally reach an agent.

Archived