Can I preregister for my time dining without prepaying gratuities?

We did MTD and pre-paid the gratuities but were never asked to choose a time to dine. We turned up any time between 6.30 and 9 and never waited more than a few minutes. We requested a window table after the first night and always got one, not always the same one. It may have been that a party of 2 is easier to accommodate. Some nights we sat at a larger table if we felt like having company. Will never go back to traditional dining. We are just waiting now for Celebrity to follow suit and we will be very happy.

Same with us. On Serendade we never made reservations and only one night we had to wait about 15 minutes and even then the Maitre'D was very apologetic that we had to wait. We did not care, went and had a drink. But we still had the same wait staff every night. It was fantastic.

When we were on Princess, I had the pre-tips removed and just tipped each evening as I would do in a restaurant - I can't see what all the fuss is about!!

Unfortunately, when tips are put on automatically, the incentive for good service is thus removed - as we found on Princess. After a few evenings, some waiters looked out for us and we received wonderful service thereafter!!

Same with cabin attendants - they do know which passengers have pre-paid - I always get excellent service!!

Not saying I wouldn't if I had prepaid - but I know many this has happened to.

Archived