Flying into MIA night before departing FLL -- help planning which place to stay in

curlimommy

I found the best price of airfare from Chicago to Miami. I am going to try to book these flights, but am trying to work out the logistics of staying in Miami and then getting to Fort Lauderdale the next morning for our cruise departure. Our flight is getting in really late Saturday night, like at 11:25, so I just need a decent place to rest. I also was hoping someone could give some insights on the best/cheapest way to get to the FLL cruise port. Taxi?

Any recommendations on how to book something decent for that late Saturday night? Priceline or Hotwire pros?

Thanks so much everyone!!

I found the best price of airfare from Chicago to Miami. I am going to try to book these flights, but am trying to work out the logistics of staying in Miami and then getting to Fort Lauderdale the next morning for our cruise departure. Our flight is getting in really late Saturday night, like at 11:25, so I just need a decent place to rest. I also was hoping someone could give some insights on the best/cheapest way to get to the FLL cruise port. Taxi?

Any recommendations on how to book something decent for that late Saturday night? Priceline or Hotwire pros?

Thanks so much everyone!!

As far as booking the hotel in Miami goes, be sure to ask your hotel if it provides 24-hour shuttle services to Miami Airport. This past April, some fellow travelers had a problem getting to the Miami Airport Hilton late in the evening due to the fact that the shuttle had stopped running. After much difficulty getting a taxi to the hotel, there was little time left for rest after the day traveling.

You may wish to just go straight to Fort Lauderdale the night you arrive in Miami. Sometimes for me, continuing through is easier than breaking up the trip.

Happy sailing !! :)

Check the Miami Airport Wyndham hotel. I had an opposite schedule - very early flight out of Miami to Panama to pick up a reposition cruise. Got a shuttle from the FLL airport for approx $20, took us right to the Miami Wyndham.

They are literally just outside of the MIA airport - maybe 5 minutes. They are very used to airport, cruise, and international travelers, busy but very efficient. Ask for a room on the back (golf course) side.

You could sleep in, then get a shuttle from the hotel to the airpoirt, then I'm sure on right on to Port Everglades for your cruise.

Check the Florida departure board for more info. No need to take a cab, there are several shared ride companies that go back and forth between the airports and cruise ports all day long.

Archived