Bringing Own Coffee Pot

Timmy's Coffee...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

EVEN BETTER WITH BAILEY'S!!!!!!

I have been trying to figure our how I am going to go without Timmy's for the 9 days I will be out of Canada for our cruise. On our last trip to Phoenix and Las Vegas we just brought some along for the hotel coffee makers. Now the thought of having to lug a coffee maker all the way from Canada for my cruise really doesn't appeal to me. icon_frown.gif

Roll call Vision Nov28/04 click here

I think the best is the person who wanted to bring a small bar-b-q...so they could use the balcony for a cook-out. Coffe pot is not that bad I guess, however, I think a toaster is also a good idea. Purr Purr

Explorer of the Sea - November 2001

Nordic Empress - November 2002

Serenade - October 2003

Legand cruise...can't wait.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;9;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I really don't see the need to bring one. I too love a good cup of coffee, and my daily routine includes a cup of coffee before getting ready for work, a cup of coffee once I've arrived at work, and a cup of coffee when I get home from work! I like gourmet coffees especially, and when those aren't available I throw a little cinnamon on the coffee grounds of the 'regular' stuff! Right now I'm slowly going through some Jamaican Blue Mountain I purchased when I was there April 03.

I found the coffee aboard RCI to be good. You can call each am and have a pot brought to your room. I did this so I'd have some coffee BEFORE we hit the dining room for breakfast!!

Someone made a good suggestion about adding Bailey's to your coffee. I would buy an after-dinner liqueur 'shot' each evening and pour half into my coffee - it really perks it up!!!

At any rate, save the space for something else...like another pair of shoes or something!!!

Cindy

Sovereign of the Seas-June 2002

Voyager of the Seas-April 2003-Read My Review Here http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=6323075917

Mariner of the Seas-May 30, 2004!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;05;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Til we cruise on Mariner--woo hoo!

We brought our Cuisinart two cups to go coffee maker and were really glad! The ships coffee tasted like tobaco juice spit (not that I've tasted it, but I imagine that's how it tastes) I think the water on the ship might not make the coffee taste too good so we bought water in port. If you like good coffee, make your own. We bought little bottles of baileys on the ship and that is always a treat! EZ

Auroraknights: I just got back from Winnipeg last night, and everyone is blaming the freak snowstorm there on you guys in Alberta!

Personaly, I blame the pilot! I don't believe we landed in Winnipeg at all, but rather we time warped into some Alien world! icon_eek.gif

Needless to say, the first place I headed was a Timmies!

birdyhunter: I can only think the reason T.H. doesn't taste the same is cause they get the water out of the Detroit river! icon_wink.gif

whereas our water comes from pristeen Glacier streams. (I think)

maxcat: a BBQ. What an excellent idea! I never thought of that. What do you recommend, Propane or charcoal? (Hurry, I don't have much time to shop!) LOL

taylordroo: Not to worry about causing a fire hazard unless running your coffeemaker and crockpot at the same time as the patio lanterns. (I'd probably unplug one of them).

Taste of RCI coffee? Yes, Bailleys would definately help. But we have already committed to bringing copious quantities of Irish Mist, so I don't know if we can smuggle in Bailleys too.

Of course, if we take out most of our clothes...

icon_rolleyes.gif

Grandeur of the Seas

05-31-04

Archived