Suite and Soda card

We will be in a suite on our next cruise and was wandering if the kids need to get a soda package as we've done in the past. I understand that soda by the can would be available in the Concierge Lounge. That could take care of the bulk of soda purchases, right?

Also, would someone confirm that we will have a refrigerator and not a cooling box. We will be on FOS.

Thanks

We will be in a suite on our next cruise and was wandering if the kids need to get a soda package as we've done in the past. I understand that soda by the can would be available in the Concierge Lounge. That could take care of the bulk of soda purchases, right?

Also, would someone confirm that we will have a refrigerator and not a cooling box. We will be on FOS.

Thanks

It's just a cooler, not really a refrigerator. No different in a GS than in any other cabin.

The cans of soda in the Concierge Lounge are only available in the evening, roughly 5 - 8:30, and no one under the age of 18 is allowed in the CL during the "cocktail hour". And you can't take things out of the CL.

Some concierges bend the rules, but those are the rules.

Well I'm glad I checked here. We have a child that needs to have medication kept cold. We were assured by RCCL that OS's on the FOS had refrigerators and not cooling boxes. Now I need to contact the special needs dept and order a fridge.

Well I'm glad I checked here. We have a child that needs to have medication kept cold. We were assured by RCCL that OS's on the FOS had refrigerators and not cooling boxes. Now I need to contact the special needs dept and order a fridge.

It is definitely an excellent idea to contact special needs. You will be sure to get what you need that way.

Have a great cruise!

And if it turns out that your OS already had a "real" refrigerator, let us know here on Cruise Critic!

I am pretty sure we had a fridge in our GS on the Adventure. One thing that we didn't do (read about it after we returned) was to ask our cabin steward to remove everything from the fridge. We purchased some water and put it in the fridge and took out the water that came with the fridge and just placed it on top of the bar. We were charged for about 5 water bottles with our final statement. Not a big deal - we didn't do anything about it ----but we now know for next time!!!

They call them refrigerators, but most don't work that well. They do, however have some that work better than others. DM needs a fridge for medication and she got a better fridge on request once we got there. On another ship they couldn't get one to do any better, so she had to have the room steward be faithful about keeping a second ice bucket full.

They call them refrigerators, but most don't work that well. They do, however have some that work better than others. DM needs a fridge for medication and she got a better fridge on request once we got there. On another ship they couldn't get one to do any better, so she had to have the room steward be faithful about keeping a second ice bucket full.

They're just a tad cooler than room temperature. And that's no joke.

They're just a tad cooler than room temperature. And that's no joke.

No argument from me. But they did make an effort to find one that worked better when requested for medication. For the other time the solution was a second ice bucket. The OP is right to be concerned and want to make sure a chilling location will be provided. But there's not much to be done until on board.

No argument from me. But they did make an effort to find one that worked better when requested for medication. For the other time the solution was a second ice bucket. The OP is right to be concerned and want to make sure a chilling location will be provided. But there's not much to be done until on board.

Can I not request one (that actually works) from special needs before we board?

The cans of soda in the Concierge Lounge are only available in the evening, roughly 5 - 8:30, and no one under the age of 18 is allowed in the CL during the "cocktail hour". And you can't take things out of the CL.

Some concierges bend the rules, but those are the rules.

So I actually won't be able to take my son (5yrs old) with us in the CL during "cocktail hour", despite he stays with us in the suite? A cocktail to start the evening with (with our son, certainly without a alcaholic drink:)) is tradition on our cruises every evening. To sad...:(

So I actually won't be able to take my son (5yrs old) with us in the CL during "cocktail hour", despite he stays with us in the suite? A cocktail to start the evening with (with our son, certainly without a alcaholic drink:)) is tradition on our cruises every evening. To sad...:(

That's correct, no minors allowed during happy hour.

Archived