Itea - what to do??

jane02

Kalimera!

Itea is the port for Delphi

We were just there as part of a a land vacation.

If you would like to view our photos, see a History Channel Video and access websites we used is research they are on personal travel journal website.

Just go to the link below

and then into the Photo Section and the

Where we've been section for the videos and websites we used in research

Have a wonderful time.

Here's the link

http://ourpassportstamps.com

Wow - you have an impressive site. Thanks for sharing that.

I have emailed Paul from one of sites recommended and whilst he can do a day tour of Delphi & MOnastry of Osios Loucas he said it would be cheaper to get a local guide as he is based in Athens.

Do you have any idea how far Itea is away from Athens ?

I have not seen mention of any local guides in Itea so I might stick with Paul.

Wow - you have an impressive site. Thanks for sharing that.

I have emailed Paul from one of sites recommended and whilst he can do a day tour of Delphi & MOnastry of Osios Loucas he said it would be cheaper to get a local guide as he is based in Athens.

Do you have any idea how far Itea is away from Athens ?

I have not seen mention of any local guides in Itea so I might stick with Paul.

Athens is 2 hours by car from Itea... Itea is 10-12 miles from Delfi.. if coming a taxi from Athens you must pay much money!!! if you want I call Itea taxi center and ask them if they can reserve a taxi for you...

Well fafos covered what I was going to say...

You will want to leave 1st thing in the morning..

Bring lots of water, though there is a small snack bar there at the museum. Bathrooms are at the museum and the Temple of Apollo

they are NOT squat pots....hugs and kisses to the people of Delphi about that (I'm just assuming you read my blog from yesterday)

though I suggest you bring tp...

Yes, having Paul come from Athens would be a waste of money

We left from Athens and did a 2 day tour of Delphi and then onward to Meteora...

We hired Spiros ...and would NOT recommend him at all

I know people have on this board, but we spent 2 full days with him plus an airport transfer to the airport a few days later...

Once I have more time I will be writing a review about him on our website..

as you can tell we are just getting the photos up for our Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria trip

BTW, I'm glad you liked the website, it's been a labor of love!

Athens is 2 hours by car from Itea... Itea is 10-12 miles from Delfi.. if coming a taxi from Athens you must pay much money!!! if you want I call Itea taxi center and ask them if they can reserve a taxi for you...

Oh - thank you for that information. I didn't realise how far away it was and it certainly doesnt make sense to book someone based in Athens.:o

Is it easy to get a tour guide once you arrive at Delphi or do you need to pre book?

Thanks for your help.;)

Oh - thank you for that information. I didn't realise how far away it was and it certainly doesnt make sense to book someone based in Athens.:o

Is it easy to get a tour guide once you arrive at Delphi or do you need to pre book?

Thanks for your help.;)

Maybe you find in Delfi area one tour guide... your problem is find a transportation way for go to Delfi from Itea..

• 9 months later...

Where2Next,

In the process of researching for our cruise that includes a stop in Itea, I stumbled upon your post and had to tell you what an enchanting video and lovely photos you have-I booked a trip to Delphi after seeing them! Thank you for sharing them!

Carole in NC

Archived