Suggestions for an anniversary cruise....

penningtonsm

Hey folks. My wife and I are having our 17th anniversary this year and want to take another cruise. I've looked on cruise critic for about a month now, read lots of reviews, but am still torn. My wife is leaning toward Crown Princess cruise that leaves on NOv. 14th (the day of our anniversary) mainly because she fell in love with the MUTS. We have never sailed Princess before, just Carnival about 12 years ago and Royal Car. in '07. We are the type that believes you can't have a horrible cruise unless you make it horrible. My question is to those that have cruised on many different cruise lines including Princess. Is Princess as nice as Royal? I have read man reviews that said they felt the motion on Princess much more than on any other cruise. Is this true? We had a fabulouse time on Royal last time, but with Princess we could save some much needed cash. Any help or suggestions would be great. As you can see on my SIG I have the Western Caribbean cruise dialed in but have not booked it yet. Smart choice or should I spend the money elsewhere? Thanks alot.

Steve

Hey folks. My wife and I are having our 17th anniversary this year and want to take another cruise. I've looked on cruise critic for about a month now, read lots of reviews, but am still torn. My wife is leaning toward Crown Princess cruise that leaves on NOv. 14th (the day of our anniversary) mainly because she fell in love with the MUTS. We have never sailed Princess before, just Carnival about 12 years ago and Royal Car. in '07. We are the type that believes you can't have a horrible cruise unless you make it horrible. My question is to those that have cruised on many different cruise lines including Princess. Is Princess as nice as Royal? I have read man reviews that said they felt the motion on Princess much more than on any other cruise. Is this true? We had a fabulouse time on Royal last time, but with Princess we could save some much needed cash. Any help or suggestions would be great. As you can see on my SIG I have the Western Caribbean cruise dialed in but have not booked it yet. Smart choice or should I spend the money elsewhere? Thanks alot.

Steve

Congrats on 17 years together.

What did you enjoy about your cruise on RC and what did you not like?

Knowing that, it might make it easier to give you some input on what might work best for you.

Mike

I wouldn't hesittate to choose Princess. The motion felt depends on the ship and the seas.

Princess is very close to RCCL and we really like both lines but would go with Princess probably. They had eggs benedict on their breakfast buffet, shrimp there was my husband's thumb size and late one night we found avacados stuffed with shrimp- on the buffet!! There

is quite a difference with Carnival from 12 years ago.

CRUISE LINES WE'VE BEEN ON;

Dolphin

Commodore

Regency

Premier

Cape Canaveral Cruises

Carnival

Royal Caribean

Celebrity

NCL

Princess

Congrats on 17 years together.

What did you enjoy about your cruise on RC and what did you not like?

Knowing that, it might make it easier to give you some input on what might work best for you.

Mike

I dont think that there was anything that we did NOT like about Royal. We love the Entertainment venues, and the ports. The food is going to be what it is. I'm not expecting 5 star restaurant food when we cruise. Just edible is fine by me. The main thing is I don't want to be taking a step back so to speak by going Princess. Saving about $500 just Crown Princess Vs. Royal. Carnival had a nice one too. About the same as Princess, but its been so long since I sailed Carnival that I have no idea how much they have gotten better if at all. Thanks alot guys.

steve

I wouldn't hesittate to choose Princess. The motion felt depends on the ship and the seas.

Well the ship in question is the Crown Princess. I've read at least three different reviews that said they felt motion. Not sure how that can be on such a large vessel but that's what they said. How was the Entertainment on Princess?

The Crown Princess does not have any more movement than other ships. Movement for any ship, any cruiseline is caused by weather. I have been on 18 cruises and some were smooth and others not. Depends on the weather.

Reading reviews can be a good thing but it is a good idea to not take them so seriously. There are many threads on the Princess board comparing the two lines so you may want to do a search.

Do a google search for Crown photos and you will find many. The Crown is a beautiful ship and perfect to celebrate an anniversary on. You would definately be taking a step "up" if you go with Princess. ;)

I dont think that there was anything that we did NOT like about Royal. We love the Entertainment venues, and the ports. The food is going to be what it is. I'm not expecting 5 star restaurant food when we cruise. Just edible is fine by me. The main thing is I don't want to be taking a step back so to speak by going Princess. Saving about $500 just Crown Princess Vs. Royal. Carnival had a nice one too. About the same as Princess, but its been so long since I sailed Carnival that I have no idea how much they have gotten better if at all. Thanks alot guys.

steve

The Crown is a relatively new ship, built in 2006 and it does have a lot of amenities.

The age mix on Princess would probably suit you well.

At $500 in savings, I find it hard to imagine you making a mistake by going with Princess.

I guess I am a bit biased however, we really enjoyed our honeymoon on the Star.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=27765

Archived