Give her a rest

saidia

I remember the complaints about Arcadia with many people 'in the know' or who 'had friends in high places' or 'a highly reliable source' telling us that Arcadia had been a failure and was to be removed from the fleet ... they were all wrong .. it just took a little bit of time to bed down.

The main issue seemed to be that 'it was not like <insert-name-of-favourite-ship>', far too many people wanted it to be a clone of something that already existed. Well it wasn't, it was different. After it started attracting the new cruisers without preconceptions Arcadia has become a favourite of many, and I have no doubt so will Ventura.

I don't want to sail on a clone of something I went on 20 years ago ... I look forward to trying Azura ... viva la difference!

Yes they were the comments I read and were stuffed down my throat when I said she was a good ship.

If you get on a ship expecting to have a great time, you will. If you are looking for another Aurora/Canberra/Oriana then you will be unhappy and moan.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I am struggling to get the logic of this.

David.

Perfectly simple. "If you can't be with the one you love, then love the one you're with." (S Stills) :) Applies to ships as well as lovers....

If you will only use part of a quote then you will not understand.

You only get out if life what you put put in.

The seagull follows the trawler................................or cruise ship:rolleyes:

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I have to agree with Dai .. I think some people go with a negative attitude and they spend their time scrutinising minutia to find fault just to justify their negativeness.

I read a review of Arcadia a while back (we were on the same cruise) ... over a quarter of the persons review was about the state of the carpets in the buffet restaurant ... and because of this they gave the ship 1 star. I did notice some of the carpets were worn ... but hey what can you expect with 2000+ people tramping them every day and I only notice them when I look down, which isn't often because I am looking at the views and taking in the ambience.

Maybe we have just been lucky, but we have not had a bad cruise or bad ship yet ... there have been somethings less than perfect but a mature adult learns how to deal with them ... not, as some people seem to claim, let them spoil the holiday.

Archived