Port Everglades Dollar Car Rental

Warm Breezes

We just returned from our 7/18 Carnival Freedom Cruise and the worst part of whole trip was picking up our car rental from the Port Everglades Dollar Car Rental for a one-way/one-day rental from the Port Everglades location to PBI.

It started out great. The shuttle was ready and waiting when we walked out of the terminal. When we got to the Car Rental there were 2 people working the counter. The lady was helping one large family who were renting 2 cars. She needed a lot of help from the gentleman who was working with her at the counter and spent the entire time we were there with this family trying to get their rental done.

There were 2 other couples in front of us who were helped by the other gentleman. He spent a lot of time with each couple trying to push upgrades and additional insurance on them. After 45 minutes in line it was finally our turn. The gentleman tried to get us to upgrade from a full-size to a premium which we refused. He then disappeared for about 5 minutes behind a closed door. When he finally returned he said he was going to give us the up-grade anyway since they were out of full-size cars. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know they were out of full-size cars before he tried selling us the upgrade. He then tried to sell us the additional insurance but he kept his selling pitch short when I abruptly told him I was not interested in any additional insurance and I would return the tank full. The car we received was dirty in the back seat and had multiple dents all over it. By then, over an hour after getting there, I was so frustrated I just made sure they marked everything down so we wouldn't get charged for it and got us out of there. This was the worst experience I have had at a car rental agency and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Archived