Suggestions for Beach-Resort fun in Mazalan...

monakayk

Hi,

We just got back from the Carnival Splendor on Sunday. We spent the day at El Cid Resort. It cost us $35 each for adults and $23 for children for the day. It included all food and beverages and use of their pool and facilities. I contacted the resort myself and made the arrangements with Julietta. julizarraga@elcid.com.mx

I printed out her email and took it with me. I am pleased we took the email as we were hasseled quite a bit at the pier by timeshare reps, once I showed them the email they left us alone and pointed out the taxis for us.

I would use the resort again it was the most relaxing day of our cruise, I loved the pool and restaurant overlooking the beach, well worth the money.

Any Suggestions for Beach-Resort fun in Mazatlan that we can book on our own? We would love to be taken from the cruise ship...and then enjoy the beach and resort facilities for the day.

Thanks!

There are several El Cid locations. The day use is in the resort pictured below. Folks love it! A taxi is cheaper if you book it outside the cruise terminal. Stroll out of the cruise terminal through the auto entrance gates, as if you go out the auto exit gate, you will be mobbed by taxi drivers. There are other resorts, but the El Cid is the welcoming easy choice. HAVE FUN!

IMG_1441.jpg

Pic taken from top of El Cid tower. The El Cid is distant from the cruise terminal, as the cruise terminal is near the hill in distant rear of pic

IMG_1438.jpg

The El Cid is the High Rise on the far right, across from picturesque Deer Island, to the far left

IMG_8335.jpg

The marina El Cid is bayfront and caters to the boating/fishing crowd

IMG_8253.jpg

Marina El Cid Rear

IMG_8243.jpg

The new RUI should be great to visit, but it was still under construction when this pic was taken in Feb, 09

IMG_8102.jpg

Is this the El Moro location where the Senor Frogs is located? This is the resort I had contacted and also got quoted the $35 day rate. Did you just go to the hotel front desk to pay? Do they give you wristbands? Thanks for the positive report.

We took a taxi from the pier $3 each, then checked in at the front desk of the El Moro tower and paid our $35.00 per person ($23 for kids). Yes we were given wrist bands to wear. Here's the response from my email. Have fun :)

It´s a pleasure to us to hear you are interested in spending your day in Mazatlan at this your home El Cid, regarding your question, the way to use the pools and facilities in this hotel is getting a Day Pass at the front desk from El Moro Tower, it has a cost of $35.00 US per person, with this, you will have included all restaurant ubicated at El Cid Castilla, pool bar at Castilla and Moro (national drinks).

In case you decide to do it, i will need the names of the people will be coming to the hotel.

I hope this information was helpful to you, please if you have any doubt feel free to contact me.

Julieta Lizarraga

Customer Service

El Cid Resorts

Phone: 011 52 669 913 33 33 Ext: 3332/3630/3631

Is this the El Moro location where the Senor Frogs is located? This is the resort I had contacted and also got quoted the $35 day rate. Did you just go to the hotel front desk to pay? Do they give you wristbands? Thanks for the positive report.

Looks like I found a perfect excursion for us to do in Mazatlan:

I contacted Julieta. She says we must buy the day passes at the El Moro Tower because that is the only place to get the cruise ship discount. Otherwise it costs $65 each. Then you have full use of the Castilla resort only.

I asked about buying them in advance and she said it is not necessary, nor did she offer to do it.

Here is the info from her email:

Good morning, how have you been? i was checking your email,

> > regarding getting a Day Pass to use at this your home, El Cid Resorts, the

>

> > cost is of $65.00 US per person, with this you will have included all

> meals

> > and house brand drinks of the restaurants and bars located en El Cid

> > Castilla, is valid for 24 hrs and you are able to buy it at the Front Desk

>

> > from this tower. In case that you will come in a cruise ship of Carnival

>

> > line the cost if of $35.00 US and they are sold at Moro tower, this is

> > cheaper because is not valid for 24 hrs.........****prices are subject to

> > change.

> >

> >

> > I hope this information was helpful to you, please, if you need

> > more information about this, do not hesitate to contact me.

> >

> >

> >

> > Julieta Lizarraga

> > Customer Service

> > El Cid Resorts

> > Mazatlan Mexico

Sounds like a perfect excursion.

Larry

For those truly frugal cruisers that enjoy the rewards of a challenge, one can enjoy the entire day use experience at the El Cid for FREE! All you have to do is brave a verbal joust with the seasoned cruiser time wasting and cruiser signature seeking time share sales professionals. If you are up for a real match of wits, go for it! We have talked to cruisers who have done this and expensed only 30 minutes of wasted time, for the rewards of a whole day of FREE all inclusive resort use, including unlimited food and booze, and with a/c van transportation included both ways. GOOD LUCK! (they require seeing a credit card to show them you are a worthy potential buyer)

Time Share sales folks waiting at the cruiser tram stop

they are supposed to stand behind the concrete line

as you can see, they like to push it to the limit, and beyond

IMG_7926.jpg

The EL Cid time share sales booth inside the terminal

notice the tempting "free day access pass" poster in center of pic below

IMG_7938.jpg

And we like to spend some time with the cruisers at the end of the day in the cruise terminal, where they freely share their tequila'd point of view with a bit of drinking and dancing in the lovely and clean cruise terminal bar area. The cruiser watching is great, as everyone has to pass right by the bar on their way back to the ship. A terrific grand finale to a great port of call. (ps.. beware of balloon blowing, shot glass holstered, bar tenders.)

IMG_8597.jpg

Notice the ladies entertaining with one of the local cruise terminal shop employees in the center of the pic.

Memories for a lifetime!

IMG_8768.jpg

We took a taxi from the pier $3 each, then checked in at the front desk of the El Moro tower and paid our $35.00 per person ($23 for kids). Yes we were given wrist bands to wear. Here's the response from my email. Have fun :)

It´s a pleasure to us to hear you are interested in spending your day in Mazatlan at this your home El Cid, regarding your question, the way to use the pools and facilities in this hotel is getting a Day Pass at the front desk from El Moro Tower, it has a cost of $35.00 US per person, with this, you will have included all restaurant ubicated at El Cid Castilla, pool bar at Castilla and Moro (national drinks).

In case you decide to do it, i will need the names of the people will be coming to the hotel.

I hope this information was helpful to you, please if you have any doubt feel free to contact me.

Julieta Lizarraga

Customer Service

El Cid Resorts

Phone: 011 52 669 913 33 33 Ext: 3332/3630/3631

Thanks for the 411. I think this will work for me. I was considering Stone Island but I like having the pool, in case the surf is too rough. Also I would imagine the bathroom facilites will be a cut above what you find on S.I. There's also the Golden Zone to visit and do shopping, etc. I wouldn't think you'll be visited by local vendors on the hotel's premises either.

El Cid is the place to go!!! Swim up bar with the BEST Pina Coladas. The BEST Shrimp Dinner I have ever had....and you can't beat the BEACH!!! Have FUN :D DH and I did the time share....it took up all of an hour...and we had everything for FREE :D

secretv2:p

El Cid is the place to go!!! Swim up bar with the BEST Pina Coladas. The BEST Shrimp Dinner I have ever had....and you can't beat the BEACH!!! Have FUN :D DH and I did the time share....it took up all of an hour...and we had everything for FREE :D

secretv2:p

How did you deal with the closer for the timeshare? Any special advise?

Thanks.

OK--sounds great...thanks for the info and photos.

Have some ???? :confused:---> So do I have to e-mail them before I come or can I just get a cab and then pay at the front desk? Will an e-mail help me avoid these time share folks. I do not want ANYTHING to do with that AT ALL!

Can you explain a bit more fully how I get a taxi that is the cheapest from the cruise terminal? I am confused as to where you go.:rolleyes:

Is the resort located ON the beach with it's own private beach? Looks like it is..just making sure. Also are there lounge chairs with any type of covers (blocking the sun) that we can use? If so...is that FREE also?

You said we can have all the food/drinks you want.....so I gather for $35.00 each we can eat the food and drink and they are included in the price? What type of food? What kind of drinks? Anything alcoholic or just soft drinks? Is the food served buffet style or how? Where is it served?

How about changing rooms/showers/restrooms? Are there also hot tubs/saunas we can use or anything else?

Is there a link to this resort and can you post it?

Sorry for all the ??????s :confused: but this place really sounds like what I am looking for. We have been to Stone Island and enjoyed it, but this time around we want something 'more upgrade' for our beach time.

Thanks!

For those truly frugal cruisers that enjoy the rewards of a challenge, one can enjoy the entire day use experience at the El Cid for FREE! All you have to do is brave a verbal joust with the seasoned cruiser time wasting and cruiser signature seeking time share sales professionals. If you are up for a real match of wits, go for it! We have talked to cruisers who have done this and expensed only 30 minutes of wasted time, for the rewards of a whole day of FREE all inclusive resort use, including unlimited food and booze, and with a/c van transportation included both ways. GOOD LUCK! (they require seeing a credit card to show them you are a worthy potential buyer)

Time Share sales folks waiting at the cruiser tram stop

they are supposed to stand behind the concrete line

as you can see, they like to push it to the limit, and beyond

IMG_7926.jpg

The EL Cid time share sales booth inside the terminal

notice the tempting "free day access pass" poster in center of pic below

IMG_7938.jpg

And we like to spend some time with the cruisers at the end of the day in the cruise terminal, where they freely share their tequila'd point of view with a bit of drinking and dancing in the lovely and clean cruise terminal bar area. The cruiser watching is great, as everyone has to pass right by the bar on their way back to the ship. A terrific grand finale to a great port of call. (ps.. beware of balloon blowing, shot glass holstered, bar tenders.)

IMG_8597.jpg

Notice the ladies entertaining with one of the local cruise terminal shop employees in the center of the pic.

Memories for a lifetime!

IMG_8768.jpg

Man I just love all your photo's that I have found on this site. I wish I could see them all. We leave in 3 weeks and your photos only want me to leave earlier.

• 4 weeks later...

The $35.00 includes all you can eat and drink, you can order from menu's by the pool or you can eat in their indoor or outdoor restaurant, all the facilities, such as bathroom use are included. Just ask the taxi driver to take you to the EL Moro Tower at El Cid, in the lobby go to the counter and ask for the all inclusive wrist bands.

Hi,

Can someone give us more info? Does the price include all you eat at the hotel? Can we use their facility to change too?!

What does it mean go to the tower to buy the ticket? Where is the tower located?

Thanks,

Tibbie

The $35.00 includes all you can eat and drink, you can order from menu's by the pool or you can eat in their indoor or outdoor restaurant, all the facilities, such as bathroom use are included. Just ask the taxi driver to take you to the EL Moro Tower at El Cid, in the lobby go to the counter and ask for the all inclusive wrist bands.

Finally someone with some answers to our questions! Thanks for this info!

:confused: So what type of food do they have there? Also drinks, are there certain drinks or can you order any kind?

Are there lounge chairs at the beach we can use...is there any shade over the beach chairs? Will vendors 'bug' us trying to sell their stuff while we are on the beach?

We can just walk-in and purchase the all day pass and not have to make reservations? Will we have to listen to a time share talk if we use the day pass?

How can we find the taxis from the cruise port...are they right there or do we have to get a particular type of taxi to take us there?

Check out the following website for direct access, to the hotel information.

They have a really nice picture of the pool, and you will notice they have

umberella's around the pool too.

www.elcid.com

Or use this link for their dining info:

http://www.elcid.com/el_moro_beach/amenities/dining.cfm

point.gifSophisticated Dining At El Cid El Moro

A dynamic array of dining options awaits you at El Cid El Moro. Savor exquisite seafood, as the sun melts into the horizon, at La Concha. Feast on classic Mexican cuisine while listening to a gentle waterfall at La Cascada. For more casual dining, stop by La Conchita Snack Bar - a delightful swim-up bar and patio serving appetizers, light fare, and tropical cocktails. All are available through our European Plan and offer wireless high speed Internet service.

• La Concha -- Have your fill of fresh seafood while taking in a gorgeous sunset on the beach. Gentle, warm ocean breezes enhance La Concha's delightful, palm-roofed ambiance and sensational ocean views. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • La Cascada - (also available through our All-Inclusive Plan) -- Experience authentic Mexican food served in an atmosphere of Old Mexico, while you're serenaded by the cascading natural music of a nearby waterfall. A la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Reservations required for dinner.
  • El Moro Lobby Bar - Unwind with a specialty drink while watching your favorite sports program or sit outside and delight in the pool scene below. Snacks and a specialty happy hour menu are available in the afternoons.
  • La Conchita Snack Bar -- This swim-up snack bar and patio is a pleasant venue for tasty appetizers or a light lunch with drinks.

There were beach chairs with covers on the beach, but I don't know how much they charge. We were never bothered by the vendors, when we hung out on the beach. Although when you go up the steps back into the resort they will ask you, but we would just say Thank you and walk on by.

You don't have to make reservations for the wrist bands. Just ask for them at the front desk. We took our towels from the ship but didn't need them. If you leave your DL at the front desk they will give you towels to use.

If you don't want to pay the $35 you can listen to the time share presentation. We didn't as I didn't want to waste any of my relaxing time :)

Taxi's are right there at the port, you just walk through the market and they will be there waiting, the only difference is if you want an open aired one, or not.

Finally someone with some answers to our questions! Thanks for this info!

:confused: So what type of food do they have there? Also drinks, are there certain drinks or can you order any kind?

Are there lounge chairs at the beach we can use...is there any shade over the beach chairs? Will vendors 'bug' us trying to sell their stuff while we are on the beach?

We can just walk-in and purchase the all day pass and not have to make reservations? Will we have to listen to a time share talk if we use the day pass?

How can we find the taxis from the cruise port...are they right there or do we have to get a particular type of taxi to take us there?

Hi,

I have been emailing the El Cid hotel...remember there are more than one El Cid hotels in the Mazatlan. So once you arrived at port...take a taxi to El Cid Mor Tower. The El Cid Mor tower and Casillas is about 1 minute apart from each other according to the El Cid's email.

Hope it help.

Check out the following website for direct access, to the hotel information.

They have a really nice picture of the pool, and you will notice they have

umberella's around the pool too.

www.elcid.com

Thanks cruisin for all this detail and great info. Sounds like a really nice place and ITA....we would rather pay the $35 each and not have to do the time share: yah, yak, buy, buy talk!

Can you remember if the beach was rocky going into the ocean there or not? Just wondering how the swimming might be from the El Cid's beach area.

Thanks also to all the other folks for the additional info.

Archived