Suggestions for an excursion for grandma...

MamaParrotHead

My 81 year old grandma has recently decided to join us on our cruise and I'm THRILLED! Months of trying to convince her have paid off. :D The problem is that she doesn't swim (and we have some excursions that include snorkeling at almost every port). I'm not sure if I can convince her to just come along for the ride (and stay on the dive boat or the beach with a book or a camera). If not, can someone suggest any excursions/tours through the ship that she might enjoy, even solo? She gets around great, still works full time, actually. Although a long hike in the buggy wilderness might not be her idea of a good time. :D

Thanks!

I would check the Glory's excursion listings and see what appeals to your grandmother. There may be some tours which meet her interests.

On Belize, we went on a tour of Lamanai Mayan ruins that was terrific. It was an all day tour, but not especially strenuous. There was a van ride thru the city to a boat, then a boat ride down the river to the jungle. Along the river, the pilot did stop periodically to point out wildlife. Once we arrived at Lamanai, there was a nice lunch of "local" food; chicken and rice. Then we walked into the jungle, "welcomed" by howler monkeys. The walking was all on flat ground, and there were spots to sit at various points. There were several sites which had been excavated and a very impressive "pyramid", which, at the time we visited, was still open to climb. An island tour at Grand Cayman and at Roatan might be nice. I believe both islands have botanical gardens and/or butterfly gardens which may be included in the island tour.

Carnival Glory...Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel

roatan has fabulous snorkeling right from the beach.. no need to take a dive boat out... along the beautiful sandy beach there are lots of places that have chaise lounges to rent .. the best place to snorkle there is towards the black rock. near tabiana beach.. you can just get a cab and tell him to drop you at fosters or one of the places along the beach ..

if you do the sting ray tour in gc she might enjoy it from the boat.. no need to even get into the water.. they will bring the sting rays right up to you ..so she might anjoy that boat trip

Archived