Earliest you can get off Carnival Sensation

Can someone tell me the earliest time you can get off of the Carnival Sensation? Is a flight at 9:50AM too early? I am thinking the answer is yes, but if I can get to Orlando airport early that would be great. Also, has anyone used Tropicana Tours for shuttle service from airport to cruise and back? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:)

Not to burst your bubble but, you can never be sure that the ship will dock when it says it will. We have been on ships that do not start to disembark until 10:00, because of problems with customs or other unforseeable reasons.

If you read the booklet that the cruise line sends you, it suggests that you not book a flight before noon. Now we have also been on ships that are docked and we are off and in a cab by 8:30, but that is just a lucky day.

That is pretty early because you will be about 45 miles from the airport. Figure about an hour to check in and go through security and you would need to leave the port at least by 8. And that would be cutting it close.

If you take a shuttle van and you have to wait for them to fill up it could create a problem. If you weren't the first one to drop off, that's another delay.

Everything would have to "click."

Archived