Balcony Dividers?

Does anyone know if the balcony dividers (doors) can be opened up between cabins on the aft cabins on the Upper deck of Carnival Spirit? We do not have the wrap arounds only the 4 inside ones on the back. I will be leaving in 2 weeks and we have the 4 aft balconies on Deck 5 and would love to be able to walk through to our friends/family balconies. One person had told me you have to ask at the pursers desk and another person had said "No" they don't open on that deck. Does anyone out there know for sure the correct answer?

Thanks for any help.:)

Marilyn

My friends just booked 2 balcony rooms for our Victory cruise. When they booked, they asked about that. The PVP had to check to be sure the divider opened, because apparently some do not. So, if you need to know about your specific cabins, the best thing to do would be to call Carnival.

Does anyone know if the balcony dividers (doors) can be opened up between cabins on the aft cabins on the Upper deck of Carnival Spirit? We do not have the wrap arounds only the 4 inside ones on the back. I will be leaving in 2 weeks and we have the 4 aft balconies on Deck 5 and would love to be able to walk through to our friends/family balconies. One person had told me you have to ask at the pursers desk and another person had said "No" they don't open on that deck. Does anyone out there know for sure the correct answer?

Marilyn

I'm not sure if they'll open them all (they will only open so many on the ship anyway), but when we were on the Spirit in March with a group they opened the divider between 7347 (corner) and the cabin next door on the aft.

Marilyn

Looks like no.

Cabin 5268 (8I OSTW) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: no

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Cabin 5270 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Cabin 5297 (8I OSTW) 185/60 sq ft

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Cabin 5299 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

A few years ago on the Valor, we had the dividers removed. My husband and I were in one room and the 3 children next door. No problem getting the divider removed. It made it nice to move from room to room that way.

I was on the Pride and if I am not mistaken they are the same class ship. We were able to open our dividers but the way the open they open towards the left, meaning the door goes to the next balcony and takes some balcony space. If you are cruising and want to open the dividers I would suggest that you go for the larger balcony rooms. We had a great time but those balconies are narrow and once those doors/dividers are open it takes a lot of space away.

I do not know how true this is but we were told they only allow so many dividers opened per cruise and you need to be at Guest Relations with at least one from each party to request this to be done. We did not take chances and only had one couple ahead of us at Guest Relations.

You do need to be sure to request the dividers be opened ASAP. I travelled with a large group earlier this year and by the time we got to the purser's desk, they told us no more balcony dividers could be opened because they had a limit.

Looks like no.

Cabin 5268 (8I OSTW) 185/60 sq ft

Cabin 5270 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

Cabin 5297 (8I OSTW) 185/60 sq ft

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Cabin 5299 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

Thanks very much. Looks like you answered my question. Looks like we'll just have to "lean around" to talk to everyone.:(

thanks again

Marilyn

The dividers between the AFT cabins (The ones that are slanted on at the back of the ship) are steel bulkhead and cannot be removed, if memory serves...

Looks like you are correct. Thanks for your help.

Marilyn

P.S. Looks like we were on the Valor together in '07

On our group of three ajoining cabins on the glory a few years ago. we asked the room steward to unlock the divider. after meeting the neighbors, we had a four balcony run. only down fall was had to prop a chair against the door at night to quiet the noices of doors clanging. balcony loving wasn't private. will keep the dividers from now on.

You do need to be sure to request the dividers be opened ASAP. I travelled with a large group earlier this year and by the time we got to the purser's desk, they told us no more balcony dividers could be opened because they had a limit.

I have read about the "limit" of dividers that can be opened on several threads. Does anyone know "why" they have a limit? Is it somehow a safety issue? I talked with my PVP when I made my reservation and he had to double check to make sure the divider could be opened between the two rooms we booked and he assured me they could be. However..he told me to ask the room steward to do it. After reading this thread I sent him an email asking for details. I'll be sure to let you know what he says when I hear back from him.

that website that says you cannot open the dividers is not alway correct. On our Pride cruise this past spring we were in two aft cabins that on that website said could not have the dividers removed. When we got on the cruise we went right to the pursers desk and we were put on the list. The next day the divider was removed. I think there might even be a pic or two in my webshots.

Archived