Wonder Adult Pool Area => Question

cruislovin

Can someone tell me if there are checks made at the adult pool on the Disney Wonder for 18 year olds in the area? What is checked? How closely is it monitored? On the sea day we would like to be able to spend time together in that area.

DD and I want to cruise in Nov on the Wonder and she is 18 next February, so just a few months shy of 18:) If she cannot go to the adult pool area we probably won't go on the cruise. So if anyone can help with answering this question it will be greatly appreciated...

From what I remember about the adult pool:

They clearly do not allow kids there...I have seen the staff go up to kids and have them leave. Usually it's kids coming around to look for/see their parents at the adult pool.

As far as your DD...I guess if she looks old enough to be 18 and is willing to say that if questioned I can't imagine there being a problem.

My only question would be do they ask for the ages of your party when you make your reservations for the cruise? If so then they would/could "know" her real age if they were so inclined to look that info up...which I really can't imagine a pool deck crew member doing unless they really had a reason to.

So in a nutshell I don't think it will be a problem so go cruisin'!

The usual rule is your supose to be within 30 days of your birthday.

I havnt seen them check any teens who were with parents there if they looked 18.

But on her room card it will be different and will state she is a minor, so if someone checks they will ask for her KTTWK card and they will know.

You might get by if she is asked by saying i dont have it, there wasnt any need to bring it to the pool because we have moms card to get in the room with.

I do believe it would be rare for her to be carded if she were with you. But it can happen. Only you know how old she looks but if the crew member is in doubt they are suppose to ask for ID.

If she cannot go to the adult pool area we probably won't go on the cruise.

There is a family pool, where all ages are welcome. Personally I wouldn't go someplace with the full intention of spitting on their rules, but that's me.

There is a family pool, where all ages are welcome. Personally I wouldn't go someplace with the full intention of spitting on their rules, but that's me.

She and I cruised on Disney before and found the family pool area not to our liking at all. And that was 5 years ago! To each their own...

We will probably go to the World instead and take advantage of the extended offer for free dining that was just announced this week:)

I think if you chose to go on the cruise and your young adult is responsible and is not going to take advantage of any of the stuff then it would be fine for her to go to the adult pool. I hate to say that because I am such a rule follower but I think the main issues are with younger children or a group of children or teens. This would be a bit much and more of taking advantage of the rules.

Archived