Stroller questions....

2preschoolers

I'm thinking we'll need a stroller for our 2 1/2 yr old but am now thinking we may need to also have car seats. (Will 2 who need them - age 2 and 4). How often do you use your stroller on your cruise? It's the Liberty and looks pretty darn big so I don't want my little one getting worn out just from the long walks! Do you typically bring your own or are the ones the ship rents pretty reliable? (We'd be renting on Carnival)

THANKS!

I take the stroller pretty much everywhere on the ship, since I don't want to have to carry either of my toddlers if they tire out. It's great to have a place to put them if we need to move quickly, or if they're way to tired to walk at the end of the night when I pick them up from the kids club. It's never been a bother (and I have a huge tandem stroller). I prefer to have my own rather than rent because I also need it during the long waits to get on and off the ship before and after the cruise.

Best,

Mia

It's never been a bother (and I have a huge tandem stroller). I prefer to have my own rather than rent because I also need it during the long waits to get on and off the ship before and after the cruise.

Best' date='

Mia[/quote']

how hard is it to use the larger stroller on the ship? I'm debating taking the sit and stand for our 4 year old and 1 year old - or two strollers - and use the stroller for the baby around the ship and 2 in port

Thanks!

how hard is it to use the larger stroller on the ship? I'm debating taking the sit and stand for our 4 year old and 1 year old - or two strollers - and use the stroller for the baby around the ship and 2 in port

Thanks!

You just have to know you're always going to take elevators and be patient about it. For me, it's worth it and I'm never in a hurry anyway. But as far as getting around, as long as it's no wider than a wheelchair (like a tandem or sit and stand) it's absolutely fine. I'm on my own with my twins, so I don't have the option of two single strollers, but even if I did, I'd think it would be more convenient for one person to be able to take both kids. My Graco DuoGlider, which has been described as the Humvee of strollers, has been on five cruises - it was perfect. However, I would never take a side-by-side since it wouldn't fit down the narrow corridors.

I'm taking a sit and stand on our next cruise, and my twins will be 5. It's just great to be able to keep going when they're too tired to walk, and have a place to keep their stuff.

Best,

Mia

Best,

Mia

We travel with a Combi Savvy stroller. They are very lightweight, about 10 lbs and very durable. I never trusted those umbrella strollers, I always thought they were an accident waiting to happen. The Combis start around $50. They come with a shoulder strap so they are great for collapsing and throwing over the shoulder. Great for air travel.

Archived