Waitlist advice for Sept/Oct eastbound crossings, please

jlrf

I've been dithering about making the eastbound crossing for a while, and discovered to my horror when I finally called the TA that both the Sept 8 and Oct 9 voyages are waitlisted. I'm listed at #10 for an outside cabin for Sept 8. Apparently the Oct 9 list is longer.

Does anyone have any advice about how to make the most of the waitlist situation? Should I pay a deposit for both crossings and get on both waitlists? Should/Can I expand the choice of cabins? (Though I really don't want to be inside.) Should I sign up for westbound crossings, too? I don't want to become too fragmented, but I imagine that it's best to cast as wide a net as possible. Is #10 a good position and should I stop worrying because I'm likely to make it to the top of the list?

Help!!

Jeanine

1. Get on both waitlists

2. There's an option on a B3 cabin (5244) which is going to expire, because the party actually paid in full for a D2. Sept 8 sailing

3. Expand your waitlist to include as many categories as you'd feel comfortable sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived