Help past new orleans cruiseship brides & cruisers-parking ??/issues

I found a hotel very close to the cruise terminal that is right next to a parking garage that offers free shuttle service to the port. I am thinking we can spend the night at the hotel(which is good since we have to be at the ship around 10:30am), park at the parking garage, and then catch the shuttle from the parking garage to the port.

My only problem is how will the guests get back to the garage to get their cars. I am going to try to contact someone at the garage tomorrow to see if they would be able to come back to the ship before it departs to take the guests back.

I am getting married in the port of New Orleans. any help/ideas with parking would be appreciated.

Does anyone know of hotels with free shuttle service to cruise terminal or free parking area near the terminal???

I called Norwegian cruise lines and they told me to call the port. I already called the port of New Orleans and they told me that there was no free parking area & even though it was a wedding the wedding guests would have to pay.

... any Ideas appreciated

Thank you

Keep in mind that your guests will not be able to park at the Port. There are garages across the street, well within an easy walk if no one in your party has trouble walking. There will also be a lot of taxis there as people will be leaving the ship as well. Here's the information I sent to my guests:

Well, what would a wedding be without some last minute minor calamity?! I just found out that non-sailing guests will not be able to park in the Erato Street Terminal parking garage. So what does this mean to you, you lucky wedding attendee you?

1. You should carpool if at all possible. Draw straws--person with the shortest straw drives and drops everyone else off at the terminal, then goes and parks on the street or at one of the alternate parking lots/garages I'll mention below. It's going to be a bit of a walk depending on where you park (bit of a walk = one city block up to one mile). The Convention Center, located next to the Erato Street Cruise Terminal is nearly one mile long. You can use this for perspective when you look at the map.

2. You can park somewhere near where you want to end up after the wedding and reception and take a cab to and from the terminal. This is a good idea for those planning on painting the town red after the nuptial festivities or those who might be a little too tipsy to drive. There will be plenty of cabs around.

3. If you are staying at a hotel the night before and/or the night of the wedding, then you can just take a cab to and from. Easy enough.

4. Just drive to one of the alternate parking locations and ignore options 1-3. You can go to the Fulton Street Garage at the corner of Convention Center Blvd and N. Diamond. This is about 6 blocks away from the terminal. Keep in mind too, that there may be street parking available, since it's a Saturday. There is also a lot called the "Whale Lot" (no, I'm not kidding) at the corner of Convention Center Blvd and Julia Street. This is the one that is farthest away, but is close to the RiverWalk, if you're planning on going there afterwards. It's about 7 blocks away.

Hope this helps!

You're welcome--your wedding will be beautiful! My husband and I were married on Carnival Fantasy from New Orleans in 2007, and sailed on NCL Spirit from New Orleans for our first anniversary in 2008. It was fabulous, just a really beautiful ship.

Archived