Midnight Buffet

2 Labs 2 Many

We are scheduled for a May 1-7 cruise aboard the Elation and I understand that Carnival is one of the few cruise lines that still offers a midnight buffet. Is it every night or just a few select nights? I'm assuming they have a Grand Buffet?

I've cruised several times before, but my DH has only cruised with me on Windjammer (no buffet there! but a great time nonetheless) and Princess. I was so disappointed for him that he didn't get to at least experience one midnight buffet.

Yes, Carnival offers a Midnight Buffet every night and 1 Grand Gala Buffet per week. They also have 24 hour room service and Pizza/Calzone/Salad service. Personally, I don't find the Midnight Buffet worth eating when the Pizza and Room Service have such great and fresh items to choose from. Even the Grand Gala Buffet tastes pretty bad although it's great for pictures. Just my opinion, but you'll always find something on board 24/7 that's very tasty.

I sailed the Conquest in November 04. They did have a gala buffet on the lido deck every evening. However, the "midnight buffets" have been reduced to "late night bistros" on this ship. The eats are from 1130pm-1am. The food is served at the grille in the very back of the ship (by the pizza buffet). You can get hamburgers, chicken breast, steak sandwiches, and a salad or two, plus three different desserts.

Personally, I don't find the Midnight Buffet worth eating when the Pizza and Room Service have such great and fresh items to choose from. Even the Grand Gala Buffet tastes pretty bad although it's great for pictures. Just my opinion, but you'll always find something on board 24/7 that's very tasty.

I agree....not usually worth eathing, but always worth seeing. It is quite a sight to see.

I agree....not usually worth eathing, but always worth seeing. It is quite a sight to see.

not worth seeing or eating-- who on earth takes pictures of food?

"and here is the lobster tail i ate"--

i mean, i expect to have a great many more good meals after a cruise-- this, is after all not my last supper :rolleyes:

The reason people take pictures of it is because it's something that you don't normally see. There are breads shaped like animals, cakes decorated up the wazoo, and tons of fancy foods. There is usually a gigantic ice sculpture in the middle of it all. Unfortunately as others have mentioned, it's all pretty bland. All the fancy cakes taste alike. We went to our first one, took pictures and ate. Our second one we took pictures, our third, we looked and left. They had a tray of cold meats all rolled and fancy and they were starting to get shiny from being out too long already. No thanks.

Archived