Looking for an awesome Antigua Tour for our Cruise stop

xandmoo

My husband and I will be traveling on The Adventure of the Sea departing from San Juan on the 7 day Southern Caribbean. We are looking to book excursion in each port but we don't want to pay RC big bucks... Any suggestions.

What sort of things do you like to see and do?

If history and lovely scenery interest you then a tour that includes Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, The Blockhouse etc would be good. We did this sort of tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Gordon (also reviewed on this board) offers the same tour. I am sure that you would have a good tour with either of them.

If you love the ocean and snorkeling - Eli's tour (also reviewed on this board) sounds very good. We have also done the Waddadli Cats snorkeling tour - it was good.

Just look through the various posts and see what appeals to you.

You HAVE to check out Lawrence of Antigua at yahoo dot com. My mom and I had the pleasure of being a part of his tour on 7/24. He takes you around the island giving you great photo ops and history on sites. Highly highly recommend his tours!

Diana

I second the Waddali Cats excursion. Especially if you dont want to pay more than $100 pp. We did this 2 weeks ago. They take you around the entire island and the snorkeling was pretty good too. They also give you lunch and its open bar! Its an all day thing though from the morning to mid afternoon.

My husband and I will be traveling on The Adventure of the Sea departing from San Juan on the 7 day Southern Caribbean. We are looking to book excursion in each port but we don't want to pay RC big bucks... Any suggestions.

You might want to take a look at Antigua Paddles ( http://www.antiguapaddles.com ). We took that excursion in April of 2008. A combination of snorkeling, kayaking, and touring the North Sound Marine Park and Bird Island, and very reasonably priced. I have a complete review at tripadvisor.com.

We were in Antigua on July 22nd and went on a tour with Gordon. It was fabulous and you cannot beat the price. We paid $40 for each adult and $30 for each child. He picked us up at about 9:30 and returned us to the ship at 5:00. Talk about a full day! We were given an extensive tour of the island via bus and stopped at many beautiful photo spots. We also stopped at a roadside stand for fresh cut banana, pineapple and mango (no extra charge!). During one of our stops Gordon served us a snack of local patties (beef or chicken) and drinks (soda, local beer, water). Our driver was Valentine and he was so much fun and full of information about his island! We asked him questions about everything from politics to healthcare and he always had an answer! We also had 2 hours at beautiful Long Bay for swimming, snorkeling and sunning! It was agreed by our whole family that this was a great excursion and we felt we really got a good glimpse of Antigua! Happy to answer any questions!

Segway Antiqua!

I contacted a driver that was recommended by a cruise critic member. Now I know why - he was fabulous. He met us at the pier, took us to the canopy tour/ziplining, then to Shirley Heights overlook, then to Devil's Bridge (not to be missed!), and then by Long Bay Beach for a few hours of beach time, food and drinks. He had us back at the pier with enough time to get some hair braiding done (for the kids) and a little shopping. I could not speak highly enough of him and by the end of the day, he was like our best friend. He quoted me a price for all these places I wanted to go and made this day the best day of our entire cruise. His van was spotless and air conditioned and waiting at all times. He was the best! All of these stops were fabulous and not to be missed! You can contact him at dag (at) aquatecwt. com - his name is Dwight Gardner. Email on the island is not that great but he will get back to you. Tell him Kim sent you!

I contacted a driver that was recommended by a cruise critic member. Now I know why - he was fabulous. He met us at the pier, took us to the canopy tour/ziplining, then to Shirley Heights overlook, then to Devil's Bridge (not to be missed!), and then by Long Bay Beach for a few hours of beach time, food and drinks. He had us back at the pier with enough time to get some hair braiding done (for the kids) and a little shopping. I could not speak highly enough of him and by the end of the day, he was like our best friend. He quoted me a price for all these places I wanted to go and made this day the best day of our entire cruise. His van was spotless and air conditioned and waiting at all times. He was the best! All of these stops were fabulous and not to be missed! You can contact him at dag (at) aquatecwt. com - his name is Dwight Gardner. Email on the island is not that great but he will get back to you. Tell him Kim sent you!

This sounds just like what we want to do there. What did he charge you for all this?

We were in Antigua on July 22nd and went on a tour with Gordon. It was fabulous and you cannot beat the price. We paid $40 for each adult and $30 for each child. He picked us up at about 9:30 and returned us to the ship at 5:00. Talk about a full day! We were given an extensive tour of the island via bus and stopped at many beautiful photo spots. We also stopped at a roadside stand for fresh cut banana, pineapple and mango (no extra charge!). During one of our stops Gordon served us a snack of local patties (beef or chicken) and drinks (soda, local beer, water). Our driver was Valentine and he was so much fun and full of information about his island! We asked him questions about everything from politics to healthcare and he always had an answer! We also had 2 hours at beautiful Long Bay for swimming, snorkeling and sunning! It was agreed by our whole family that this was a great excursion and we felt we really got a good glimpse of Antigua! Happy to answer any questions!

What is Gordon's tour company's name. The price was definitely right. What spots did he take you to?

Archived